Senior Human Resources Business Partner - EZRA
Job Role: Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Toronto, Canada Hybrid (3-4 Days in Office)
Who we are
We redesigned coaching for the digital age.
Ezra delivers the highest quality professional coaching to employees using industry leading app-based technology. Our world class technology enables quality coaching sessions, a seamless user journey and regular reporting like never before.
With 50+ years’ experience delivering world class coaching in 66 countries we’re best placed to drive the coaching revolution. In just over a year, we have grown to become the fastest growing virtual coaching solution globally, supporting many of the world's leading companies with high impact, 1:1 personalized coaching.
At Ezra we use innovative technology to achieve the greatest user experience, but the heart of the service is the quality and diversity of our global coaching pool.
Now, everyone can be better with a coach.
The Senior HRBP holds an integral place on the People Team where process improvements and employee experiences meet! As we continue to build the People foundation across Ezra, this role will champion and lead positive changes across Ezra’s People Pillars: Total Rewards, People OpEx, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Culture and Learning & Development. You’ll be involved in the fostering of our global culture as you collaborate cross-functionally across many teams. This will be done through proactively establishing programs, systems and relationships that expand and strengthen the connections made across different groups.
To do this, you’ll stay close to the pulse of the employee experience as a trusted advisor who remains conscious of nuances that add colour and perspective to unique experiences. Your employment journey has taken you through different industries that have honed your own expertise in such a way that invites creativity and innovation into your decision-making, approach to problem solving and outlook on change. You also are a spring of knowledge and support and hold a deep reservoir of Caring Deeply for those you directly and indirectly impact in this role. You will report directly to the Chief People Officer.
What you’ll do
- Embody EZRA Values as a means to provide valuable HR insights, lead change initiatives and impact various workstreams across our People Pillars (People Strategy)
- Develops strong business literacy of the assigned department in order to recognize and support the critical strategic imperatives and plans.
- Partner with managers on the employee lifecycle milestones: onboarding, performance management, employee relations, salary reviews, medical or parental leaves, promotions, and offboarding
- Collaborate with your colleagues in Talent Experience (our recruitment team) to ensure that we're targeting and hiring the right candidates, both in the external job market and internally
- Work with your colleagues in the People Operations team to audit and continuously improve all internal processes and programs and in particular take a lead role on performance alignment, compensation, engagement surveys, and total rewards programs.
- Interpret compliance and legal requirements, across our jurisdictions (Ontario & BC in North America) and contribute to policy development and maintenance internally
- Coach managers on handling performance and development conversations and act as their partner in developing their team members
- Manage complex employee relations issues, up to and including performing Workplace Investigations as necessary
- Experience supporting Sales/Go-to-Market Revenue teams in the capacity of an HR/People Ops Business Partner would be a strong asset.
- Work in close partnership with leaders to understand and support organizational design movement and restructuring plans to create growth opportunities for the team
- Mobilize engagement survey results into actionable, measurable activities that brings focus to DEI efforts, growth, remote/hybrid enhancements, health & safety and balance
- Review, recommend and lead changes on People polices, resource libraries and content management to ensure these areas stay aligned with our growth and other external factors
- Be an Ambassador for employee wellness and partner Chief People Officer to execute on global initiatives that help new and existing EZRAnauts enjoy the ride
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Human Resources
- 5 years working in the People Operations/Human Resources field as a People Partner/ HR Business Partner, preferably in complex or high-growth organizations
- 2 years working in a SR People Business Partner role
- Bachelor's degree and/or Masters in a relevant field is ideal and would be an asset; additional HR certifications are a plus (eg. CHRL)
- Strong understanding of HR compliance: US and Canadian employment law, employment standards, and health & safety best practices
- Collaboration comes naturally to you; you understand that true success comes with working as a team
- Proven ability to think strategically, while also delivering on tactical and operational projects
- Can capture, analyze and provide thoughtful recommendations for continuous improvement of processes
- Strikes the right balance between data and reason to make clear, confident decisions
- Passion for coaching and mentoring team members and leaders of all levels. Experience coaching first-time people managers an asset.
- Track record of being a business partner to managers and leaders across multiple functions (eg. Technical teams such as Engineering, Product, or Software Development teams. Go-To-Market teams such as Sales, Customer Experience, or Marketing teams).
- Proven ability to lead, interface, and maintain effective relationships with teams and employees across all levels of the organization
- Picks up HR tech stack quickly (at EZRA, we use HiBob as our HRIS, along with other People platforms such as Peakon, SAP,)
What we offer
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Contribution to a wellbeing app (think meditation, fitness, sleep!)
- A weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
- Competitive benefit package
- Global leading organization
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.