Executive Team Assistant, UK LHH
The role of the Executive Team Assistant is to support the effective administration of the business and certain members of the Executive Team. This will include secretarial and administrative support for the team, as well as providing direct cover and support for the Executive Assistant to the CEO, as well as providing direct EA cover during the Exec Assistant’s nonworking hours and holidays.
- Reports to - Executive Assistant and Special Projects Lead
Other Key Relationships:
- Executive Management Team – UK & Ireland
- Other LHH EAs within EMEA & globally
- UK / Ireland employee
- Client CEOs / HRDs and their EAs
- London & hybrid with limited travel
- Fluent English
- To effectively support administrative arrangements needed to facilitate the efficient working of the business and certain members of the Executive Management team (EMT).
- To support diary and meeting scheduling and to make travel and accommodation arrangements for members of the Executive Management team as required.
- To support the team by coordinating the production of briefings and presentations, and undertake research related to the work of the department as required.
- To set up internal and external meetings as required and ensure the smooth running of these.
- To help with sorting and following up on correspondence and calls to the business, including following up on obtaining signatures and other EMT approvals as needed.
- To support the planning and organization of events, including rooms and digital requirements, sourcing and booking venues, arranging catering and any other administrative arrangements for meetings and events within specified budgets.
- To provide a high level of customer care in dealing with routine and non-routine enquiries from internal staff
- To undertake research and ad-hoc projects as needs arise or other duties that may be necessary
- In keeping with the nature of the work undertaken by the office, the post holder is required to always maintain and observe an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure to tight deadlines with accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail, with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest and ability to work across varied assignments as suits the needs of the business on a day-to-day basis.
- High energy and professional, positive, engaging manner. Demonstrate care for our work, our clients, our candidates, and our colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives and internal/external individuals.
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully manage and implement key projects from start to finish.
- Proven ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and make best use of resources.
- Able to network effectively and build constructive working relationships.
- Able to demonstrate discretion and integrity in the handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience of using the full Microsoft Office package, especially Outlook and Word at an advanced level.
- Events co-ordination experience
- Experience in using PowerPoint and Excel at an advanced level.
- Problem solving and analytical capability, with the ability to interpret data and analyze findings.
- Growth opportunities within a HR Solutions global leader
- We prioritize learning to stay agile in an increasingly competitive business environment.
- We foster an open-minded environment where people spark new ideas and explore alternatives.
- Additional benefits including PTO, Paid Holidays, and more.
- Contract Type: Permanent Contract
- Teleworking policy
The world of work is ever-changing and unpredictable. Organizations are constantly fighting a battle to find and maintain their competitive advantage: their talent. To succeed, they can’t just rely on what works today, working tomorrow. They need to be ready for next.
LHH exists to help individuals, teams, and organizations find and prepare for what’s next. With integrated, end-to-end solutions that include Advisory, Professional Recruitment, Career Transition, and Learning & Talent Development, we are uniquely positioned to work together to make a positive impact on the future of every person we work with at every key career moment.
LHH is at the forefront of change to build a bigger, bolder workforce. Every day is a new day to prepare for, and we’re here to make sure the future works for everyone.
A division of the Adecco Group – the world’s leading HR solutions provider – LHH’s 8,000 colleagues and coaches work with 15,000 organizations in over 60 countries around the world. We successfully help close to 500,000 candidates to enhance their careers every year. Our local expertise, global infrastructure, and industry-leading technology allow us to manage the complexity of critical workforce initiatives and the challenges of transformation. It’s why most of the Fortune Global 500 companies choose to work with us.
This is LHH.
Ready for Next.
LHH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information on our Diversity and Inclusion policy, please consult the following link: https://www.lhh.com/us/en/diversity-and-inclusion