ASSISTANT PLANT ENGINEER
Position Title:Assistant Plant Engineer
Location:Greeley, CO Value Added Plant
Purpose & Scope:
JBS USA, the World’s leading protein producer, is currently seeking a valuable Assistant Plant Engineer to join our Value Added team in Greeley, CO! At JBS our mission is to be the best in all that we do, providing superior products and services to our customers and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members. Value Added focuses on the highest quality product, keeping processes simple, and building a culture our team members can thrive in! Our team is the foundation of our company, so we work every day to empower them to achieve great heights.
As a team member you will have the opportunity to work with other departments, learn different areas of production, grow your career and experience something new almost every day! Apply online today!
- Ensure reliability of plant equipment and establish and meet downtime and operational goals per shift for the fabrication and slaughter areas as well as for outlying areas such as warehousing, wastewater treatment, etc.
- Manage training programs to maintain the skill level of the hourly and salaried workforce.
- Motivate interest in, and ensure compliance with, stringent plant safety programs while maintaining high levels of labor efficiency and effectiveness in responding to breakdowns and plant interruptions.
- Maintain close communications with operations and other plant departments and develop an appreciation for overall plant performance issues in all employees within the department.
- Assist the Plant Engineer in assuring continuous plant improvement.
- Insure reliable and cost-effective operation of utility systems that are online continuously. This includes ammonia refrigeration, air compression, electrical distribution, and others.
- Develop and maintain contractors and vendors to supplement plant resources. Represent the corporation in dealing with these outside firms.
- Develop and grow a trusting relationship with the USDA to ensure that their requirements are being met.
- Coordinates and oversees: Scale checks to ensure plant pay scales are within weight calibration specifications, Preventative Maintenance on scales, trolley readers, printers and alarms to ensure they are in working order and problems are caught before they cause downtime, Reactive Maintenance on Automated Systems and Instrumentation (basic troubleshooting, changing parts, follow-up to ensure problem is resolved & basic modifications to equipment to improve performance).
- Assign equipment specific job assignments that support plant goals and overall success.
- Provide expertise in the areas of automation, electrical, and instrumentation for all projects based on current best practices using approved components and standards.
- Fundamental understanding of National Electric Code, NFPA 70, and NFPA 70E and their application
- Fundamental understanding of industrial electrical systems from 24VDC to 4160VAC
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics including one-line drawings.
- Understanding of process instrumentation ranging from pressure, temperature, level, flow, pH, conductivity, vibration, etc.
- Other Duties Assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of progressively more responsible positions within industrial maintenance field and minimum five (5) years within a food processing industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive background in ammonia refrigeration, air compressor technology, variable frequency motor controls, maintenance of sanitary conditions. Job responsibilities typically require extended hours.
- PSM experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate effective people skills
- Basic computer skills and proficiency with basic office software (word and excel)
- Supervisory skills – maintenance management through whom both direct and indirect people report, project administrative assistant and planners.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or five (5) additional years of applicable experience.
- Fast paced environment
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Schedule M-F and weekends when needed
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $86,000.00-$110,000.00 or other agreed upon salary range; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.