JBS Live Pork Service Person / Field Manager | Central MO | Salary | Bonus Eligible |
To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services for customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our foundation & our strength is in our values
DETERMINATION | SIMPLICITY | AVAILABILITY | HUMILITY | SINCERITY | DISCIPLINE | OWNERSHIP
Job Title: JBS Live Pork Remote Service Person/Field Manager – Central MO
Department/Location of Position: Central MO. Applicants should reside in the Central MO region (within driving distance of farms) or be willing to relocate. The idea candidate will be supporting locations in the Elden to Jefferson City surrounding geographical region.
Summary of Position
JBS Live Pork, LLC has an opportunity available for a Remote Field Manager in the Central MO reporting to James Ban Booven, Live Pork Production Manager. This position will work directly with a designated group of contract pork producers to assist them in trouble shooting problem areas and provide solutions for improving production. Will also help manage customer relationships as well as provide documentation of on farm reports.
You will work with your Business Manager to arrive at solutions and make decisions that will impact your area and your business unit profitability. Through farm visits, producer meetings and information sharing, you will aid the producers in finding the most successful ways of maximizing production on their farm. A field manager manages 20-25 producer sites consisting of 50-100,000 pig spaces. In addition, the field manager helps manage the producer relationship and assist in contract renewals. Approximately 5-10 million dollars of pig inventory is a typical field manager's area.
- 40% - Pork Producer Training
- 20% - Auditing Facility and Environmental compliance and work to help producer meet compliance by offering solutions
- 20% - Assist producers in Property Marketing's Animals
- 20% - Administrative duties - pig conformance's, feed budgets, closeout process, etc.
- Coaching, training, and developing new farm managers
- Animal Welfare and environmental compliance by offering solutions
- Medication/vet ordering
- Bio-Security compliance and action planning
- Assists in controlling costs associated with feed, supplies, and labor
- Maintains accurate number integrity for record keeping
- Coordinates and oversees completion of special projects
- Makes recommendations for operational improvements
- Any other duties assigned by the Production Manager
- BS/BA degree in Agriculture, related field, or 5 years’ equivalent experience in pork production
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Occasional travel - 15%
- Ability to motivate and inspire people to achieve high goals
- Possess Problem Solving Techniques
- Demonstrates knowledge of overall business strategy and operations
- Possesses proficiency in spreadsheet, database, word processing software
- Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to bend, push, pull, twist, and lift approximately 60+lbs
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
- Better Futures Program – Online Classes or select 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Supervisor Development Program: Opportunity to grow your career through leadership training.
Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
Travel: Frequent travel to farms in Central MO
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work