- Manages the execution of VMI strategies.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties to provide information and/or providing direction.
- Monitors customer satisfaction of goods and services received.
- Ability to manage supply in an ever-changing environment, to include expediting, de-expediting and cancelling of purchase orders.
- Work with Kroger Lead Buyers to confirm strategies.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic records of VMI transactions.
- Processes documents such as purchase orders and shipping documents to fulfill orders.
- Reconciles purchase orders with deliveries.
- Manage supply of materials to achieve inventory goals. Ability to negotiate stocking programs (VMI) to reduce both lead time and inventory
- Manually track inventory levels and demands by division.
- Period Forecasting
- Weekly Forecast Updates
- Manage the supply chain to ensure quality and on time delivery of materials to meet production schedules.
- Interface with Demand Planning, sales, production and other departments as required to achieve customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the identification and development of suppliers to ensure supply continuity and optimization for quality, cost and delivery.
- Meets with Customer Lead buyers daily to discuss strategies.
- May assume other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification
- Must have inventory control experience with a focus in VMI
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Good math skills
- Experience with E21 ERP and SAP software required.
- Must be well-organized with good attention to detail
- Display strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Adaptable and dependable with ability to follow direction and work cooperation with others
- Must maintain a helpful and professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to apply logic and understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved, instructions and to deal with problems involving a few different variables.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The list of essential functions, other duties, mental and physical demands, requirements and licenses is not meant to be exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise job descriptions and to require other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job changes.