Job Title: Inventory Supervisor
Location: Tupelo, MS
Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Nearly 150 years ago, Gustavus Swift founded Swift & Company. He was a true pioneer whose passion and innovative spirit transformed the meat industry. This commitment to transformation mirrors that of Swift Prepared Foods today. Swift Prepared Foods (formerly Plumrose USA) is the prepared foods arm of JBS USA, one of the world’s largest meat companies. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
To train, manage, and lead an inventory team to ensure adequate shelf life and inventory accuracy with inventory cycle counts. Conduct daily inventory analysis to solve inventory issues. Develop and implements inventory procedures.
- Release/receive for US COLD
- Backup Tupelo and South bend inventories.
- Train staff to ensure attainment of department performance goals
- Create, monitor and evaluate SOP’s for inventory control
- Generate and analyze a weekly shelf life of report of all finished goods to ensure proper management of aging and excess stock
- Respond to complaints and queries concerning inventories and products
- Attend to inquiries concerning inventories and products
- Investigate complaints regarding customer orders
- Monitor all releasing and receiving is being done daily in order to reflect “real time” inventory stock on hand
- Conduct daily inventory analysis to solve any inventory issues
- Oversees that the inventory team performs daily cycle counts as well as completes a full cycle count on all locations by the determined time frame allotted
- Generating and analyzing all necessary EOM reports to ensure all postings for that month have been completed.
- Provide assistance and direction to colleagues and subordinates as required
- Ensure the inventory group adheres to company polices
- Collect and report product information for recalls
- Follow up on all inventory personal and their required job duties to confirm everyone is executing each task and with accuracy
- May perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Computer literate – Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Excel, Lotus
- Problem solving skills
- Strong in math
- Must work well independently as well as with others
- Overseeing / Managing multiple employees
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting, lifting, stacking, and working in a cold environment.
- Corporate working environment.
- Food Manufacturing Operations environment
If interested, please apply at jbssa.com/careers
We offer a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
Swift Prepared Foods is an equal opportunity employer.