FEED MILL DRIVER - AFTERNOONS
Pilgrim’s is a leading global provider of high-quality food products, including well-recognized brands and value-added premium products. As one of the world’s largest poultry producers, Pilgrim’s has provided wholesome, quality products to customers and consumers for more than seven decades. It’s our passion for excellence that continues to drive us to be the best, and we seek opportunities to diversify and grow.
Pilgrim’s Arcadia Location
While Pilgrim’s is a global company, we offer a hometown feel within our complex located in Arcadia, WI. Pilgrim’s works with 150 local growers. We employ approximately 500 team members at our complex. We give you the tools you need to discover your perfect career match, and the freedom and support to take your career to the next level. It is our goal to be your employer of choice and provide you with the opportunity for a better future!
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our FEED MILL TEAM as a CLASS A CDL FEED DRIVER! This position starts at $23.83/hour & $1.00 Shift Differential plus we are offering a $5000 Hiring Bonus!
- 5 Days of Vacation, after 60 days of employment
- Benefits at 60 days of employment, 401K contributions on day 1 of employment
- 70% off quality Pilgrim’s poultry products
- Training provided with a trainer/mentor
- Advancement opportunities
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program or Management Trainee Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed within our facility. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are available to all team members and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Feed Mill Driver is responsible for the supervision of team members involved in the manufacturing, transportation, and maintenance functions at the Feed Mill.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Supervise and schedules production, delivery & maintenance personnel ensuring safe, efficient operations in accordance with government regulations
- Maintains, reconciles, and checks daily delivery, medication & production records in accordance with regulatory or good manufacturing practice standards.
- Coordinates production & delivery of feed to meet live production needs assuring optimum operation and feed quality standards.
- Coordinates the fleet and Feed Mill preventative maintenance program ensuring spare parts and work is documented in accordance with standards.
- Documents payroll records and coordinates PTO, holiday, and harvest schedules as needed.
- Other duties as required by management and supervisor.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Associates degree required - Operations, Business Management, Agriculture, or related field. Preference will be given to candidates with Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 Years of previous related experience
- CDL Driver’s License preferred or willingness to obtain**
- Self-motivated/ Self -starter.
- Ability to identify and prioritize workload.
- Good analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Good communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Ability to work across functions and build a team relationship within the company
- To perform this job successfully, applicant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.