HEALTH AND SAFETY SUPERINTENDENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely with Complex Human Resources Manager, Training Department, and Safety Manager to cultivate the plant pandemic response culture.
- Serve as the primary contact on pandemic issues.
- Review subcontractor pandemic programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and CDC regulations.
- Conduct pandemic response audits. Audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the pandemic response plan and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
- Organize and conduct pandemic response training as necessary.
- Implement, and maintain all corporate Safety and Health programs.
- Keep the management team informed of any safety and health related issues and/or concerns identified within your respective scope of responsibility.
- Spend time being visible in the processing plant and other site locations.
- Conduct periodic safety and health audits and track findings to ensure closure.
- Manage security force in a fashion that protects site employees, visitors, contractors, and property and assets.
- Intimately be involved with local medical community in a fashion that all medical vendors understand the company’s philosophy on OSHA recordkeeping and return to work programs.
- Ability to implement behavioral-based safety techniques to improve/maintain response plan performance
Employee is required to be able to work in all environmental conditions complex wide include high noise, wet and slippery, cold, hot and dusty work environments. Employee is required to don hearing and eye protection when entering required areas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ safety and security experience.
- Must be able to pass HazMat Physical
- Program, planning and evaluation techniques
- Statistical analysis skills
- Outstanding communication skills in order to lead and engage employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong supervision skills
- Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
- Proficient use of computer and corresponding programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Must be available 24/7 as needed.
- Food manufacturing environment
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.