2023 Maintenance Trainee Program
JBS Maintenance Management Trainee
Our 12-month trainee program is designed to give hands on experience within our maintenance department at any one of our many locations. This program includes hands-on rotations throughout different departments in maintenance. If you are passionate about leading and motivating others in a culturally diverse setting to make a sustainable agricultural impact on the global food supply– we are interested in you!
What You Do:
- Projects- Challenging goals with key performance indicators (KPI’s) that impact our bottom line. Your goals will tie directly into department KPI’s/Objective such as downtime, turnover, and yields.
- Leadership Training- Participate in three group-based leadership development sessions at our corporate headquarters in Greeley, CO.
What is Your Day to Day:
- Participate in rotations throughout the plant to gain a holistic understanding of the plant processes
- Assist in project management, oversight, and continuous improvement of manufacturing systems for reliability
- Work with mechanics to maintain, repair, and service plant equipment, buildings, and facilities
- Assist in developing and troubleshooting PLC code
- Work with maintenance team and use knowledge in installation and continuous improvement to ensure minimal equipment downtime
- Assist with additional responsibilities such as continued reliability in plant manufacturing systems, building, grounds, and equipment, as needed
- Work with maintenance leadership and Corporate L&D team to learn effective leadership and people management skills
What You Bring (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Alignment with JBS core values and culture
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Previous work experience in the maintenance field
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment.
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays.
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $58,000
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.