Wild Fork is on a mission to transform the way people shop and eat protein. We opened the doors to our first retail grocery stores in 2018, and we have since expanded with ecommerce to deliver nationwide. As we continue to grow and open new stores around the country, we are always looking for foodies with a passion for protein to join our team.
This position will work closely with the Beef Product Development Manager on the strategy for the Beef Category and help follow through with key stakeholders such as supply chain, production, ecommerce, and marketing. The main responsibility of this role is to analyze data, provide recommendations and support the execution of general merchandising activities.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Cooperate with key stakeholders to carry the execution of the beef category strategy
- Monitor and analyze costs and sales seasonality to forecast category profitability.
- Provide data extraction and analysis support for ad-hoc requests.
- Monitor and report on merchandising KPI's (sales, volume, margin, average ticket, conversion, etc.) across multiple sales channels and customer segments while being able to explain the drivers behind fluctuations in these metrics.
- Own merchandising analysis to assist in short & long-term budgeting/forecasting activities.
- Work with production plant and supply chain to ensure proper sourcing.
- Communicate to ensure beef-related updates are shared across the business (Planogram Changes, New product launches, seasonal product placement, etc.)
- Optimize merchandising campaigns to improve the monthly merchandise planning process, customer experience, in-stock levels and financial performance.
- 3+ years of analytical experience in a retail merchandising role
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.), Word & PowerPoint
- Exposure to with syndicated/competitive data (e.g. Nielsen, IRI) preferred
- Must have a strong business acumen
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Effective and concise communication and presentation skills
- Love to Cook & Love to Eat with a passion for sharing expertise throughout organization
- Must be able to work effectively and meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision.