SAFETY SUPERVISOR (BACON)
Position Title: Safety Supervisor
Location: Ottumwa, IA
This role will provide support involving environmental health & safety for the site. The Plant Safety Supervisor Position reports directly to the Safety Manager and will work closely with all site personnel and leadership, to ensure site compliance with OSHA and EPA requirements as well as adherence to all company and site policies and procedures.
The main goal of the Safety supervisor will be to always ensure safe working environment and prevent any injuries and accidents. This role will also oversee the coordination of site Process Safety Management within the Safety & Environmental regulations. The Safety Supervisor Role will be responsible to support the strategy and vision of the Safety Manager be able to provide the following responsibilities
Specific Job duties/tasks
- Provide Environmental Health &Safety program support to ensure compliance with all OSHA, EPA & Swift regulations and programs.
- Assist in program reviews and compliance evaluations annually
- Assist and/or facilitate H&S drills including: Fire & Evacuation Drills, Weather Drills, Hazmat Drills, LEPC & Fire Department drills
- Coordinate and/or support Hazardous Communication requirements following GHS guidelines for the site including training, labeling, & Safety Data Sheets.
- Support any site initiatives that involve EH&S actions directed through the EH&S Manager
- Coordinate PSM program compliance to include
- Ensure all PSM/RMP documentation is current and accurate. Examples include standard operating procedures, employee training documentation, ammonia inventory calculations, MOC records etc.
- Support/facilitate Safety Committee meetings and activities
- Support hazard awareness building process through safety communications, inspections, leadership training, pre shift meeting agenda adherence
- Provide incident and near miss support including patient care and follow-up actions, investigation, tracking and trending details for EH&S events
- Provide in-field Environmental Health & Safety support for employees and provide hazard awareness directly to site employees
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA process safety management (PSM) regulations as well as EPA risk management program (RMP) regulations.
- Coordinate and help facilitate internal EHS Compliance Audits, 3-year RMP audits and 5-year Process Hazard Analysis, and maintain open recommendation tracking forms.
- Participate in all government inspections dealing with PSM/RMP. Assist with the gathering of all requested records, and program guidelines for associated PSM/RMP elements.
- Support any site initiatives that involve EH&S actions directed through the EH&S Manager or site management
- Team player, effective communication
- Basic Mathematical skills
- Reading and comprehension
- Computer Knowledge; ability to work in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Office/Program Management skills:
- Track recommendations and action items; work with management team to implement proposed changes in a timely manner.
- File organization – able to manage records accurately
- Manage flow of PSM documentation between - Refrigeration /Operators/EH&S manager/Upper Management
- Set up Monthly PSM meetings with Refrigeration and operators/technicians
- 1-5 years’ experience in a PSM or other EH&S related role
- Basic understanding of OSHA and EPA regulations and requirements needed for compliance
- Ability to provide in-field support on a daily basis
- Ability to work flexible hours to support site initiatives and needs
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred (if applicable to site)
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.