2023 Accounting Trainee Program
JBS/Pilgrim’s Accounting Trainee Program
Our 6 or 12-month program is designed to give hands-on experience with our Accounting Department in one of our 60 domestic locations. This program includes rotations throughout all of the department and is designed to give you formal leadership experience and guidance of how each function of HR support the overall production strategy of the location. If you are passionate about leading and motivating others in a culturally diverse setting to make a sustainable agricultural impact on the global food supply– we are interested in you!
What You Do:
- Projects- Challenging goals with key performance indicators (KPI’s) that impact our bottom line. Your goals will tie directly into department/plant objectives such as invoicing, inventory, journal entries, accounts payable, yields accounting, reconciliations, and more.
- Leadership Training- Participate in three group-based leadership development sessions at our corporate headquarters in Greeley, CO.
- Final Placement- The last 4 months of the program will provide hands-on training in an area of interest with the intention of final placement into a leadership role.
What is Your Day to Day:
- Rotations- You will spend time learning and working in every business sector of Accounting at your location. These rotations are designed to give you hands-on knowledge of the various accounting functions.
- Responsibilities-Develop a deeper knowledge of processes and techniques used inside the Human Resources Department.
- Innovation-Seeking continuous improvements in Accounting processes and procedures.
- Mentor – Our trainees are assigned a mentor on the Accounting team who can assist in answering questions and guide you through the training process.
What You Bring (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Alignment with JBS core values and culture
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work different shifts and occasional weekends
- Flexibility to relocate
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $56,500
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.