The District Manager will be responsible for every aspect of the business for an area of stores and support when needed the Micro-Fulfilment Centers within the District. This includes, P&L accountability; facility management; local marketing execution; inventory control; employee life cycle: hiring, training, developing, and retaining their teams. This person will ensure operational plans and deployments are executed within established guidelines. They will also ensure the region’s corporate assets are properly maintained and safeguarded. This position is a brand ambassador acting fundamentally on the field, and will spend 80% or more of his/her time inside the operation supporting, guiding, training, educating, motivating and observing our team, our customer, and our facility.
This individual will have a have a hands-on approach and should be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement.
- Leads the area with integrity and facilitates a focus on the Company’s mission and values
- Ensures operational programs and deployments are executed according to established guidelines
- Provides clear and consistent direction to Sr. Sales Leaders by conducting regular meetings and/or conference calls
- Perform Weekly Visits to all stores within the District, following the assigned routines
- Develops and consistently delivers profitable P&L’s for every assigned store
- Improve sales and transactions by increasing average check, customer satisfaction and any other marketing activity that might generate incremental topline results
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
- Conducts onboarding, and off boarding activities and identifies problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement and suggests solutions
- Builds and maintains an effective team of Sr. Sales Leaders through training, and development; provides meaningful and timely performance and behavioral feedback on an ongoing basis
- Creates a positive team environment by recognizing and reinforcing individual and store accomplishments
- Prevents employee relation issues by consistently executing human resources practices and ensuring guidelines and processes are adhered to
- Reinforces the compliance of all company policies and procedures (people, safety, assets, cash, etc.)
- Effectively handles and manages confidential and sensitive information
- Challenge and inspire employees to achieve business results
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 7+ years of retail experience, with at least five years in a management capacity
- Proven success in coaching and training employees
- Strong understanding of sales drivers and customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with recruiting and performance evaluation processes
- Ability to delegate tasks and decision making
- Be determined and deliver superior results with a sense of urgency, time management, and prioritization
- Systems capabilities preferred: SAP, Order Management Systems, Microsoft Office
- Treat it like you own it –Take ownership and responsibility to be successful
- Acts with respect and values other opinions
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analyzing
- Demonstrated ability to meet and work within a budget
- The availability to work a flex schedule, working various hours and shifts, including early mornings, evenings and, weekends/holidays.