DIRECTOR OF MARKETING - BRAND
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: The Director Marketing – Brand role is accountable for strategy, execution, and collaboration with cross - functional teams across Pilgrims. You will have the opportunity to build retail and food service brands such as Just Bare, Pilgrims, Pierce, and Gold Kist.
We are looking for a seasoned professional with 11+ years of relevant experience, contributing to brand growth plans. This role will help you develop your strategic thinking, leadership abilities, and creative skills.
- Develop and lead marketing plans for brands, execute on plans to deliver against brand KPIs.
- Tracking against long term and short team goals; actionable recommendation and implement corrective actions as needed
- Lead and execute of marketing strategies including brand positioning, communication strategies, advertising and consumer promotion initiatives
- Lead agency partnership. Helping them with translation of marketing strategies into activation plans
- Communicate and convey Brand + Creative message through a variety of mediums (website, e-communications, social media and retail media)
- Key business partner to innovation and execution of product line extension and packaging innovation plans including business proposal and approval
- Work with the sales organization to understand and integrate customer strategies in business and brand plans
- Business partner to the S&OP to align on monthly volume forecast for assigned to deliver best-in-class forecast accuracy
- Create a collaborative and trust culture across all cross functional teams, including Consumer Insights, Culinary, R&D, Innovation, Operations and Category
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: MBA or equivalent education/experience is preferred.
- Experience: Requires 11+ years of relevant marketing experience of with hands on P&L ownership. CPG industry experience is preferred.
- Special Skills: Analytical and strategic thinking skills are required; strong communication and presentation skills are required; strong collaborator with a demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams; proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment is required. Experience with Nielsen and/or IRI is preferred
- People Management Skills: This position will lead a team.
- Location: This position is based out of Pilgrims Corporate Headquarters in Greeley, Colorado.
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $153,000 - $163,000; and
- Incentive Pay: This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado, JBS and Pilgrim’s is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and takes into account various factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to a candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiencies for the role.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity