- Meet and exceed production goals set forth by plant management.
- Responsible for meeting volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, reducing cost, increasing team member retention and maintaining good working relationships with the USDA (meat), and all team members
- Directly supervise hourly production team members and salary team members to include direction of activities and ensuring training of all team members to product specifications, techniques, and requirements
- Monitor and ensure proper procedures, safety, and cleanliness of production team members; provide positive and/or corrective feedback as necessary
- Ensure food safety, human resources, and safety policy compliance with all production team members
- Look for continuous improvement in operating processes and procedures and encourage hourly team member ownership of all processes.
- Manages all aspects of processing for the assigned department
- Coordinates with Sales & Marketing, and fellow Superintendents to ensure orders are filled on a timely basis and meet all quality standards.
- Promotes and maintains plant safety
- Develops leads and coaches production team members.
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery and knives
- Slippery floors, extreme temperatures and loud noises
- High level of interaction with other departments and team members
- 50+ hours per week, occasionally on weekends
- High School degree or equivalent required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field preferred
Experience: 1-2 years proven supervisory experience in the food industry; industry-specific experience encouraged
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully, both written and verbally
- Bilingual skills helpful
- Capable of independent decision making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness
- Able to quickly and effectively adapt to new and changing situations
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Shows compassion towards and has an interest in others
- Basic computer knowledge required
- Good organizational skills
- Able to work assigned hours/days, including occasional weekends as required
- Good attendance and safety records