HR COORDINATOR - 3RD SHIFT
Human Resources Coordinator Job Description
This is a 3rd Shift opening that provides complex clerical support to Human Resources functions. Provides support of certain aspects of employment, employee relations, record keeping, and reporting or other support, and serve as the primary contact for front office delivering excellent customer service. Assists and supports Human Resources operations as needed.
Human resources clerks have an essential role of maintaining records, preparing a variety of complex documents, and carrying out secretarial functions to support human resources procedures and policies. Under direct supervision, their job description entails performing a variety of specialized clerical duties requiring knowledge of human resources operations. Duties include checking personnel-related documents for accuracy and completeness, maintaining files and records of a confidential nature, and preparing periodic standardized reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Record changes on all employee status changes as necessary (e.g., change of address, departmental transfers, rate increases, terminations, etc.).
- Processes enrollment forms, pay change requests, informational and other confidential forms and records. Enrolls new employees in various programs and explains benefits.
- Maintains and distributes, as appropriate, current employee information, policy and procedure manuals, and other communications.
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
- Checks for accuracy and reports any discrepancies to higher level personnel.
- Tracks employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Assists with participation and summary of internal and external surveys to gather information for policy development and planning.
- Provides information on procedures, policies, and benefits by answering questions and requests for assistance
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential
- Resolves administrative problems by researching issues, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Participates in Employee Engagement events
- Any other tasks as requested by HR Supervisor/Manager
Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
HR classes and/or certification preferred
Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills- Including phone etiquette
- Must be able to demonstrate effective people skills
- Team Player
- Computer skills and knowledge of basic office software necessary
- Must be able to work assigned shift and possible Saturdays
- Trustworthy – Will be handling confidential material
- 10-key skills beneficial
- Bilingual preferred but not mandatory
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
“The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made.”