Credit and Collections Representative
Please note: This role is based in our Boston office on a hybrid/work from home schedule (two days per week in the office). Please upload a resume in order to be considered.
This position offers a yearly salary along with eligibility for a yearly bonus. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.
The Credit and Collections Representative will be responsible for numerous active accounts and will oversee the collection and credit risk management of Accounts Receivable. The Representative will be managing the credit and collections process for assigned domestic customers, performing credit risk analysis to ensure timely delivery and release of customer orders, providing timely and accurate reporting for daily, weekly, and month end cash forecasting and collection results, initiating and maintaining interactions with internal HBG departments to ensure timely resolution. The candidate may also handle account reconciliations for the companies’ Key accounts and will actively communicate and problem solve with multiple departments at HBG and with the companies’ distribution clients. As needed, training will be provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the credit analysis, file support & account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Perform weekly analysis of internal reports to ensure proper credit limits are maintained and credit risk customers are properly monitored, and risk is mitigated.
- Work on assigned cash collections, targets, and goals while effectively communicating company policies.
- Daily review of billing, holding, and timely release of customer orders.
- Work closely with Accounts Receivables, Customer Service, distribution clients, and sales representatives to resolve customer problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Moderate proficiency in Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables) & Word
- Ability to learn proprietary systems.
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow-up with customers internally and externally in a timely manner
- Ability to deliver on numerous projects on tight deadlines with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 1-3 years of business credit and collection experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Finance, Accounting, or Economics is preferred but not required.