SUMMARY: Responsible for all OSHA regulations and compliance for the Indiana facilities. This will include certifying employees on power equipment, investigation of accidents/incidents and injuries, and maintaining all OSHA required documents/logs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- OSHA regulation/compliance:
- Review current company policies/practices to ensure compliance
- Assist in the development and/or modification of current company policy/practices to ensure compliance
- Assist in writing and implementation safety training programs for employees and management
- Maintain accurate and complete required OSHA logs/reports/documents relating to accidents/incidents/injuries
- Ensure all employees required to operate powered equipment are properly trained and licensed:
- Oversee the classroom and hands on training in accordance with the Published Equipment Operator Training process including administering the training as needed
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of training
- Ensure all records and documentation are copied to HR within 8 business hours of class completion
- Perform refresher training as required due to accidents/incidents and three year certification renewal
- Accident/Incident Investigation:
- Investigate all accidents/incidents
- Complete proper related documentation
- Recommend corrective action steps
- Administer workers compensation program:
- Arrange injured employee medical care and manage Return to Work status
- Submit injury claims to Work Comp insurance carrier
- First-Aid, CPR, AED certification required
- Maintain facility security and fire protections systems
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Any additional tasks or special projects assigned by the Director of Facilities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proven knowledge of OSHA regulations and compliance standards and the ability to apply the standards accordingly (30 hour OSHA certification a plus)
- Proven knowledge of OSHA injury classification rules;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Experience in training with specific attention to power equipment and employee safety training (Train the trainer certification a plus)
- Strong planning, organizational, presentation and consultative skills;
- Experience in accident/incident/injury investigation;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Proven work ethic including compliance with the attendance policy and personal/professional integrity.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Preferred candidate will have at least an undergraduate degree in health and safety or related disciplines and/or related work experience with a strong safety background in OSHA regulations, training and compliance. 1-3 years safety experience.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.