7a PC Picking Associate
SUMMARY: To fill customer loose book orders in open carton/conveyor environment, using Pick-To-Voice technology, WMS technology and RF units. Value Add orders as required, by sticker, re-box and inspecting product per work order instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Productivity—maintain the goals set by Picking Manager to achieve 1-day turnaround of all orders;
- Utilize the work order billing system to modify shipments to customer requests in Value Add process. This includes sticker application, carton labeling, shrink wrap and more.
- Communication—must report all system problems, damages and errors found to Manager.
- Teamwork/Flexibility— Special projects as assigned.
- Reliability—must be dependable in working established shift schedules.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Restock product to flow bins: involves opening of cartons and loading into specified locations using an RF unit.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds;
- The ability to work independently and in groups;
- The ability to stand for 8 hours;
- Attention to detail;
- Basic math and reading skills;
- Ability to understand WMS technologies and follow instructions;
- Ability to learn Pick To Voice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least a high school diploma or equivalent.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.