Senior Supply Planning Analyst
Reporting to the VP, Supply Chain, the Sr. Supply Planning Analyst will support our Sr. Planners in creating supply plans to meet demand forecasts. This role provides ongoing reporting and analysis to ensure that we’re utilizing our constrained capacity allocations as efficiently as possible. This role will work closely with the manufacturing team to manage our printing priorities in line with the capacity at our printing vendors and provide ongoing forecasts to key printer vendors, while supporting the diverse range of authors, titles, and publishing divisions at Hachette Book Group, a leading US trade book publisher.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor work-in-process at our printers to ensure titles are sequenced by need-by date priority.
- Analyze our titles’ sales and inventory data to efficiently maintain a steady printing supply to keep up with demand.
- Strategize to optimize open capacity at our printers while minimizing congestion during peak periods.
- Work with our Inventory team to maintain specific publicity, promotional, and account customer demand.
- Work with our Manufacturing team to manage schedule changes.
- Send up-to-date print and inventory reporting to our key Publishing Groups on a regular basis.
- Assist in maintaining HUK inventory and tracking inventory transfers from UK to US warehouse.
- Manage Planner Codes to maintain proper printing lead times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- BA/BS/MS in a quantitative field preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years background in a supply & demand planning environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with various teams involved in the forecast process.
- Proven analytical skills and adeptness with analytical tools, including advanced Excel.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.