Custom Orders Coordinator
The Custom Orders Department manages account profiles and order processing for accounts whose requirements fall outside our normal order fulfillment procedures. Our mission is to process orders accurately and efficiently according to the customer’s specific requirements. The Custom Orders department manages orders and account profiles for 400+ customers – each with its own unique set of requirements.
The Custom Orders Coordinator supports the daily functions of the department in preparing orders for processing and in monitoring the progress of the orders through shipment. A typical workload for a coordinator carries an average of 100 active or pending orders depending on seasonality.
Our team is currently working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. While all candidates must currently be able to work remotely during this time, it is anticipated that this is a temporary situation and that at some point in the future all team members will return to working in our office in Boston, MA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage order processing and fulfillment for all Compliance and Custom Order customers
- Act as a contact point for HBG Sales, HBG Fulfillment Center, HBG Finance, and HBG’s Distribution Client Publishers
- Coordinate projects, prepare work orders, and monitor progress with the HBG Fulfillment Center
- Order account specific materials, ensure vendors are paid within established timeframes, and update departmental reports
- Assist with general order entry as the need arises as well as perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Department Head
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to quickly and seamlessly shift priorities
- Manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
- Maintain consistent and accurate data across multiple platforms
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong PC skills are required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- Must be results driven and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- Must be able to work in an open office environment without distraction
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.