Sr. Staff Hardware Test Engineer
Gigamon, recently certified as a Great Place to Work, helps the world’s leading organizations run fast, stay secure and innovate. We provide the industry’s first elastic visibility and analytics fabric, which closes the cloud visibility gap by enabling cloud tools to see the network and network tools to see the cloud. With visibility across their entire hybrid cloud network, organizations can improve customer experience, eliminate security blind spots, and reduce cost and complexity. Gigamon has been awarded over 90 technology patents and enjoys world-class customer satisfaction with over 4,000 organizations, including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of governments and educational organizations worldwide.
Gigamon is seeking an experienced Sr. Staff Hardware Test Engineer for a full-time position. This position requires a strategic thinker and a problem solver who is a self-starter, self-motivated, well-organized, flexible, and effective with simultaneous tasks.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Gigamon hardware and software architecture
- Work with developers on the lab testbed design and setup
- Timely test case execution and automation with a focus on product quality
- Work closely with developers to ensure test plan implementation and bug tracking
- Own hardware validation, including generating test plans, logs, and reports
- Understand product features and prepare the test plan based on the feature requirements
- Develop automation scripts for product validation and failure analysis
- Review product documentation and provide feedback to Technical Publications
- Field escalations support: work with support and development on the failure analysis and root cause of issues
- Learn from customer bugs and help fill test coverage gaps
- Support NPI and production test (internal and contract manufacturing)
- Test and product qualification project lead
- 10+ years of hands-on hardware test and failure analysis experience
- Hands-on experience in automation using python or equivalent
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with network testing equipment such as IXIA, Xena, Spirent, or similar
- Experience with bug tracking systems such as Bugzilla, Jira, or similar
- Working knowledge in understanding hardware architecture based on Intel X86, Broadcom, or similar processors
- Experience with hardware bring-up, validation, and failure analysis
- Working experience with contract manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Project/Test lead experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of firewalls, security, and SSL is a plus
Nice to have:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, EE, or Equivalent
- Experience with test case management tools such as Mercury Center, TestLink, etc.
- Familiarity with packet capture tools such as Wireshark and SnifferPro and being able to read/understand the capture
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, L2/L3 protocols, L4 – L7 protocols
- Knowledge in optics and interoperability.
The base salary compensation range targeted for this role based out of Gigamon’s Santa Clara, CA, Headquarters office is $138,500 - $180,000, with an opportunity to earn an annual bonus or commission (subject to terms and conditions of the plan). This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
Employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Company’s standard employee benefit programs, which currently include health insurance, health savings accounts, life, AD&D, disability, 401(k) plan with company matching contributions, paid time off (holidays, vacation, and sick), tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program (EAP), business travel accident insurance, employee discounts, and employee referral program. Additionally, employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Profit Interest Units plan.