Hardware Engineering Program Manager
Gigamon, recently certified as a Great Place to Work, helps the world’s leading organizations run fast, stay secure and innovate. We provide the industry’s first elastic visibility and analytics fabric, which closes the cloud visibility gap by enabling cloud tools to see the network and network tools to see the cloud. With visibility across their entire hybrid cloud network, organizations can improve customer experience, eliminate security blind spots, and reduce cost and complexity. Gigamon has been awarded over 90 technology patents and enjoys world-class customer satisfaction with over 4,000 organizations, including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of government and educational organizations worldwide.
Gigamon is looking for a driven, motivated Hardware Program Manager to help lead all the hardware development/delivery programs. The Hardware Manager will manage large programs of global scope, impact, and complexity through all lifecycle phases. This role manages interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders and holds decision-making authority at the program level. The Hardware Program Manager handles cross-organizational programs of broad scope and high complexity or broad scope and moderate complexity, usually managing a core team that manages functionally specific teams.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Sets the direction for programs directly related to corporate policies or essential business operations to meet strategic goals of significance.
- Leads the core team and guides the performance of functional teams.
- Serves as the key interface with stakeholders and leadership internally and externally.
- Assigns overall tasks to others, managing general areas of responsibility in support of program goals.
- Exercises judgment and discretion to develop solutions, remove obstacles, and redefine approaches.
- Supports all HW lab-related activities
- Oversees the identification of tasks and research, dependencies, costs, assigns resources and communicates expectations to core team members.
- Creates/tracks/adjusts the program schedule.
- Assesses risks and identifies solutions to timely, efficient achievement of program goals.
- Ensures that quality standards and budget constraints are met.
- Ensures appropriate progress against schedule and takes remedial action as appropriate.
- Uses an advanced understanding of the technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined program and utilizes knowledge to accelerate project completion.
- Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant technical fields with 9+ years of experience OR a master’s degree and 6+ years of experience in Program or Engineering Management
- Expert in Program Management concepts and methodology
- Knowledge of both HW and SW development concepts and expertise in HW program execution
- Experience in working in a large organization and meeting challenging program
- A track record of successful delivery of complex programs within the networking/security industry
- Experience working successfully with multiple key external JDM/OEM partners, contract manufacturers, and critical component/solution providers will be a big plus
The base salary compensation range targeted for this role based out of Gigamon’s Santa Clara, CA, Headquarters office is $103,000 - $134,000, with an opportunity to earn an annual bonus or commission (subject to terms and conditions of the plan). This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
Employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Company’s standard employee benefit programs, which currently include health insurance, health savings accounts, life, AD&D, disability, 401(k) plan with company matching contributions, paid time off (holidays, vacation, and sick), tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program (EAP), business travel accident insurance, employee discounts, and employee referral program. Additionally, employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Profit Interest Units plan.