Sr. Java Engineer
Gigamon Cloud Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing R&D organization. The candidate should have experience in public and private cloud platforms like VMWare, Open stack, Amazon EC2. The candidate will be responsible to build highly scalable & robust enterprise applications and provide technical guidance to the team. We are looking for a dynamic, talented person who is ready for a challenge where technical ability, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Design and implement GigaVUE traffic visibility solutions in public and private cloud environments including ESXi, NSX-T, AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack, Kubernetes.
- Assist to address problems by coordinating with different teams and stakeholders and provide Technical Solutions, Proof of Concepts.
- Review the code and provide recommendations on coding style and best practices.
- Come up with proof of concepts for critical modules/new frameworks
- Establish high, mid, and micro-level plans and estimates for project teams.
- Work effectively with all stakeholders and engineers throughout the lifecycle of the product to deliver a competitive product on time with the right quality
- Work with customers and third parties to understand their requirements/feedback and build features that increase the lead Gigamon has in the market.
Skills and Competencies:
- Deep knowledge of one or more public or private cloud platforms - ESXi, NSX-T, AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack, Kubernetes
- 3-5 yrs strong web technology development experience along with architecture and design experience in Java/J2EE technologies and service-oriented architecture.
- Strong Proficiency in frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, Web, Data access module or ORM framework such as Hibernate
- Experience with designing and implementing RESTful Web Services and Micro-services design principles using Spring Boot or a similar framework.
- Strong proficiency in one or more of the following Database technologies (Mongo DB, Elastic, Postgres, HBase, Open TSDB).
- Experience with Source/Version control systems like GIT and project tracking tool JIRA.
- Good knowledge of Unit test frameworks like JUnit. Hands-on experience of unit and integration tests to demonstrate the robustness of delivered work.
- Experience in executing projects in a distributed development model
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.