Regional Account Manager - Phoenix
Gigamon seeks a motivated individual to fill the position of Regional Sales Manager based in the Phoenix area. As a direct sales position, you will identify, qualify and capture tactical sales opportunities that will align Gigamon strategically. In this role, you will also command and manage all the moving parts through the full life cycle to closure. We are searching for an entrepreneurial self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, completing multiple complex tasks simultaneously, who can use his or her direct sales talent to expand adoption of Gigamon capabilities. Duties also include development of business strategies and solutions for complex and multi-faceted customer problems, and internally provide advice to support the overall growth strategy for driving Gigamon’s business activities in region to new and existing accounts.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Advanced level of knowledge in cyber, network security and cloud sales.
- Responsible for the sales of company’s portfolio within an assigned geographic territory and within an assigned group of named accounts in Region.
- Achieves sales quotas by the growth of existing accounts and the development of new accounts
- Maintains database of customers, leveraging Salesforce as the primary CRM tool.
- Uses available resources to develop effective sales calls. These resources include opportunities identified by previous sales calls, client history, etc.
- Sells new and existing products, discovers new opportunities, and secures incremental business
- Responsible for pro-active outbound prospecting to new and existing clients
- Explores, identifies, and communicates potential opportunities with the Regional Business Managers and extended regional team members.
- Consistently performs effective sales calls throughout the assigned territory and closes new business opportunities
- Attends trade and vendor shows and meetings as required
- Drive high levels of client communication and engagement, building customer champions
- Provide market and competitive information to the organization
- In collaboration with Product Managers, develops short and long-range strategies for product expansion; assesses potential application of the company products to meet customer needs and prepares detailed product specifications for the development, implementation, and customization of customer solutions
- Collaborates with Product Managers on presentations, product demonstrations, and on-site customer visits
- Ability to deliver focused Territory Plans, Account Plans and provide relevant QBR information
- Researches and analyzes the territories and the company’s markets, competition and product mix; makes presentations on new and existing products to current and potential customers
- Provides innovative problem-solving approaches to enhance organizational capabilities; uses peer network to expand technical and sales capabilities and identify new sales opportunities
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered, shares approach with Regional Business Managers
- Creates opportunities to enhance technical methodology or content through expansion of existing or development of new efforts
- Assists in providing training to lower-level Sales staff
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
- BA/BS in Business, CIS, or related field preferred.
- 5 -8+ years of experience in a related area or equivalent combination of education / experience (cyber, network security and/or cloud is a must).
- Academic training or bench experience in CS, IT, EE a plus
- Track Record of analytical capability in a high-performance environment
- Track record of success in overachieving quota
- In territory relationships with target clients
- High attention to detail and proven organization and administration skills
- Ability to succeed without close supervision (self-starter)
- Experience with sales qualification processes and sales frameworks
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office products
- Experience using SalesForce.com
- Familiar with Quoting software a plus
- Familiar with SQL and Crystal Reports a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Ability to deliver written and oral presentations
- Able to provide proof of driver’s insurance
The base salary compensation range being targeted for this role based out of Gigamon’s Santa Clara, CA Headquarters office is $111,500 - $159,000, with an opportunity to earn an annual bonus or commission (subject to terms and conditions of the plan). This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
Employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Company’s standard employee benefit programs, which currently includes health insurance, health savings accounts, life, AD&D, disability, 401(k) plan with company matching contributions, paid time off (holidays, vacation, and sick), tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program (EAP), business travel accident insurance, employee discounts, and employee referral program. Additionally, employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Profit Interest Units plan.