Manager, SW Engineer - Cloud Backend
Gigamon® provides an intelligent Visibility Fabric™ architecture to enable the management of increasingly complex networks. Gigamon technology empowers infrastructure architects, managers and operators with pervasive visibility and control of traffic across both physical and virtual environments without affecting the performance or stability of the production network. Through patented technologies, centralized management and a portfolio of high availability and high density fabric nodes, network traffic is intelligently delivered to management, monitoring and security systems. Gigamon solutions have been deployed globally across enterprise, data centers and service providers, including over half of the Fortune 100 and many government and federal agencies.
The right candidate will lead a team of top-notch engineers towards the design and development of GigaVUE-FM in a fast paced environment. Working as part of a growing, dynamic team, the candidate will thrive in a cross-functional team environment to achieve project deliverables and will have the opportunity to have a significant impact on the product lines.
- Lead a team of top-notch engineers towards the design and development of GigaVUE-FM
- Work effectively with all stakeholders and engineers throughout the lifecycle of the product to deliver a competitive product with the right quality using Scrum process
- Work with Product Management, Sustaining, Support and customers to define the product backlog, roadmap and plans
- Hire, retain, develop and motivate a world-class team of engineers to be able to produce cutting-edge competitive products
- Understand the technical stack, architecture, tools and code base and influence decisions to keep them cutting-edge and highly effective.
- BS in CS or related field
- 10+ years of hands-on professional experience designing and developing complex enterprise software using Java, Spring, REST etc.,
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering management experience delivering enterprise software
- Network and virtualization management software experience highly desired
- Management experience in fast-paced environments like start-ups is a plus
- Excellent communication skills