Sr. SW Engineer - Gigasmart
Gigamon is seeking a self-motivated experienced Senior Software Engineer for full-time position. This position requires a strategic thinker; a problem solver who is a self-starter and self-motivated; well organized, flexible, and effective with multiple simultaneous tasks. Roles and Responsibilities include contributing to sustaining efforts for NetDev Product lines, handling Customer issues, developing features via maintenance releases.
- Help develop innovative network security solutions to expand Gigamon portfolio
- Contribute to overall product requirements, architecture, and design
- Propose designs/solutions to meet requirements for new products
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions
- Produce functional specifications and design documents
- Minimum 3 years to 6 years of software development experience in Networking Software architecture and Design.
- Expert in C/C++ coding.
- Good understanding of L2 and L3 protocols is desired
- Experience in software-based packet handling.
- Experience developing system-level software in Linux/Unix development environment
- Hands-on experience with multi-core, multi-process/multi-threaded system
- Experience in networking protocols, especially TCP/IP, and SSL/TLS
- Experience with Network processor platforms like Cavium/EZchip/Broadcom is plus
- Experience in Proxy, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Data protection, and Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) is a plus.
- Experience with NETFLOW, and IPFIX is a Plus
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.
- Educational background with BE/BTech - CS/ ECE and IT