Staff SW Engineer-OS & Security
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer to work closely with others to investigate, design, prototype, and develop new capabilities for our monitoring fabric. The ideal candidate will show industry experience in providing innovative solutions for networking equipment or other embedded systems devices with scalable fabric solutions. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. The right candidate will help design, develop, and sustain major components of GigaVUE, with an emphasis on system platform and driver areas. Working as part of a growing, dynamic team, the candidate will thrive in a cross-functional team environment to lead and achieve project deliverables and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the product lines.
- Contribute to overall product requirements, architecture, design, maintenance, and delivery.
- Work closely with the product management organization to evaluate product solutions.
- Propose designs/solutions to meet requirements for new products.
- Conduct feasibility analysis and prototype for proposed solutions.
- Analyze and improve existing processes as well as develop a new process for software development.
- Translate product requirements to functional specifications and design documents for a larger team.
- Work effectively with all stakeholders and engineers throughout the lifecycle of the product with the teams in the US and Customer support engineer.
- Deliver the competitive product on time with the right quality.
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house as well as in customer environments.
- Maintain existing code base and resolve customer issues.
- Work with customers and third-parties to understand product requirements.
- Act as subject matter expert in organization for specific software components owned.
- Mentor junior engineers in software development, technology, and processes. (good to have)
- BE with minimum 6+years of experience in computer science or engineering
- Professional experience in designing and developing complex software.
- Solid background in data structures and algorithms.
- Understand complex issues in software modularity, performance bottlenecks, etc.
- Experience contributing at all stages of software development life-cycle.
- Experience in software-based packet handling.
- Experience developing software for networking protocols including TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols.
- Experience developing system-level software in Linux/Unix development environment.
- Hands-on experience with multi-core, multi-threading systems.
- Expert in C/C++ coding.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.
- Knowledge of infrastructure/control plane areas related to distributed systems, clustering, stacking, LAG, VLANs, Neighbor discovery, tunneling (L2GRE, VxLAN), high availability systems, fail-safe systems, REST API development are a plus.
- Experience integrating open source projects in Linux based systems a plus
- Knowledge of security technologies including VPN and Firewalls and Telecom protocols is a plus.