Forescout Technologies is the leader in device visibility and control. Our unified security platform enables enterprises and government agencies to gain complete situational awareness of their extended enterprise environments and orchestrate actions to reduce cyber and operational risk. Our technology works with disparate security tools to help accelerate incident response, break down silos, automate workflows, and optimize existing investments. We are a company filled with people who are cyber obsessed and passionate about our products. We are all about inclusion and diversity! We work as a team, and everyone matters! Join us as we secure the world with our products.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with other Product Owners to gather requirements from customers, stakeholders (e.g: partners, sales, support teams)and map them into the product roadmap.
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements definition and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
- Elicit requirements using surveys, interviews, document analysis, site visits, use cases, scenarios, and competitive product analysis.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by the development team.
- Contribute to crafting and maintaining a clear and effective product roadmap ; Define the MVPs per feature/functionality
- In collaboration with the development team, write requirements specifications that are simple, clear, and meet customer expectations.
- Lead the development team in the iterative delivery of new functionality and solutions to be tested and validated with actual end-users.
- Work with our UI/UX designers to ensure that new and existing features not only address the functional requirements but also guarantee the best user experience.
- Work with other Product Owners to ensure the best fit of new and existing features in the current software architecture, and that chosen technologies match both current and future product needs.
- Verify the correct fulfillment of all requirements. Identify requirements errors and defects, and write requirements defect identification and notification reports.
What You Bring To Forescout:
- Listening skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the true underlying needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Writing skills to communicate information effectively to customers, relevant internal stakeholders, Product Management Team, and the development team.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis, to cope with rapidly changing data, and to ensure timely delivery of new products and features.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among product stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and development).
- Modeling skills to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, possibly using established modeling languages
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a software development company as a team leader or Product Owner/manager.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and particularly Scrum framework.
- Agile Certifications are a plus.
- Experience in managing development teams with portfolio focused on Network and on premise products is a plus
- Understanding of Networking and Database Management Systems (DBMS) is a plus
- Fluency in English.
Learn more at www.forescout.com
A background and reference check are part of the later stage interview process.
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.