Software Engineer - Customer Focus Team
SW Engineer – Customer Focus Team
If you are a great developer, with passion for security, technology and enthusiastic solving customer problems, come and join Forescout Engineering Customer Focus team. Take part in defining and driving the future world-wide market leading IOT Security product suite. Join a cross functional strong team with great technological skills and creative minds who is never tired of helping customers by delivering quality improvement of the product. Work in a fast paced environment with lean agile methodology. You will find it to be an open minded environment, which will allow you to stretch your skills, be creative and enjoy your work.
- Duties involve analyzing customer escalation issues and to work with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth flow of information in resolving critical customer issues
- Development of new security features and maintenance of existing ones
- Handle the resolution of technical issues by doing the following:
- Analyze the available data to identify and narrow down root cause
- Investigate the technical issue
- Attempt or drive reproduction of customer issue in house
- Describe in detail the issue to support engineers or customers
- Identify and develop the software code changes to resolve it.
- Understand customer network architecture and design and accordingly provide alternative solutions when applicable to achieve greater stability or performance
- Actively suggest and describe ways to improve the supportability of Forescout products
- Use Kanban development methodology to deliver on tasks
- Familiar with Atlassian tool set, including Jira, Confluence, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Knowledge of software engineering concepts and techniques
- Experience in Java programming
- C/C++ experience
- Linux/Unix development experience
- Linux system/environment experience (scripting languages, regular exp., awk, sed, etc.)
- Computer Networking:
- Good understanding of TCP/IP
- Knowledge in protocols (DNS, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP)
- Familiar with network equipment configuration (Switch, Router, Firewall)
- Windows-based networks, domain management
- Low-level network monitoring and sniffing
- Strong communication – both written and spoken
- Ability to easily learn and apply new technologies
- Ability/Experience in customer interactions
- Analytic thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently when needed, yet skilled at working within a team oriented, collaborated environment
- Highly motivated to succeed in current position
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Works well with others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
What Forescout Offers You:
Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology.
Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development.
Competitive compensation and Benefits.
Focus on Diversity and Women in the Workplace – participate in our newly formed Forescout Women’s Network.
Want a glimpse of Life @ Forescout? Check us out on Facebook and Instagram.
We work hard…and we celebrate success
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.