Sr. Python SW Engineer
Sr. Python SW Engineer
Today the modern enterprise is an Enterprise of Things. We are on a mission to secure the Enterprise of Things with active defense by identifying, segmenting, and enforcing compliance of every connected thing. In real time. And at scale. Our unified security platform enables enterprises and government agencies to focus on Zero Trust segmentation, IT/OT convergence and OT/ICS innovation, all supporting our mission and vision.
We are seeking a strong and motivated Sr. Python Engineer to join our multicultural, creative, and fast-paced team in Eindhoven. As Sr. Python Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing new products and features that extend our current product portfolio. You will translate domain knowledge into new and better product capabilities. You will manage your work ensuring timely delivery and will have the chance to grow in role and responsibilities as the project progresses.
What you will do:
- You’ll be working in the Product Engineering team. You’ll be responsible for implementing new and improved capabilities in our Forescout platform.
- You’ll be responsible for a significant part of the development lifecycle, from design to delivery and technical documentation. With your technical expertise you’ll manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- You’ll write reusable, testable, and efficient code.
What You Bring to Forescout:
- Minimum 4 years of Python development experience.
- Affinity with performance-critical code.
- Proven knowledge of TCP/IP and Networking concepts.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile mythologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills, to interact with customers and internal teams in an effective and professional manner.
The following additional skills are a plus:
- Proficiency in Lua scripting.
- Experience with IoT or medical devices and protocols.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration workflows and tools like Git, Gerrit, BitBucket and Jenkins.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Fluency in English.
What Forescout Offers You:
- Competitive compensation and benefits – generous PTO policy, and much more
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology.
- Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development.
- Want a glimpse of Life @ Forescout? Check us out on Facebook and Instagram
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.