What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $113 billion in assets under management (as of 9/30/21). Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental, benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid the permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, private credit and multi-asset strategies.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a candidate for a Systems Developer position. The developer will be part of an eight-person software development team under the Applications and Systems Development Technology Team. Primary responsibilities include full software development life cycle, data base administration, and production support. This role requires strong SQL & C#/.NET development skills. As part of a highly visible technology team, this role requires excellent teamwork, technical and analytical skills to provide business deliverables on time and the opportunity to work on various other highly visible projects.
What you will do:
- Development and required modifications of existing SSIS packages, SSRS reports, Q&A and rollout to production
- Development of interfaces between core applications and custom data feeds in various formats
- Production support of any job scheduler alerts, trouble shooting of existing production processes.
- Ad-hoc custom development for non-core applications utilized throughout the firm
The qualities you should have:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent field
- Expert level experience with data warehouse projects, dataset with 10M+ rows & business intelligence tool is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Object Oriented Programming in C#/.NET
- Strong development in SQL and SQL database administration (MS SQL Server 2014 and later versions)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (perl, bash), ability to work with Windows commands and experience with enterprise level job scheduler such as JAMS, Autosys are desirable
- Prior experience with OMS (order management system) and accounting system is desirable
- SharePoint \ Workflow App. design and (or) development, exposure to Salesforce\cloud computing environment is beneficial
- Securities industry knowledge (different asset type of securities, understanding of a trade life cycle) is helpful
- Self-starting, hands on, and resourceful problem solver – someone who “makes it happen”
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- A collegial and collaborative team player
- Meticulous and great attention to detail and accuracy
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief (including dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.