Corporate Strategy Manager
First Eagle Investment Management is an independent, privately-owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $101 billion* in assets under management. Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental and benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, alternative credit, and multi-asset strategies.
*As of December 31, 2019
First Eagle is seeking a candidate for a Corporate Strategy Manager role. The successful candidate will be responsible for the below responsibilities and have the following qualifications for this role:
- Partner with the Chief Strategy Officer and other senior executives at First Eagle in developing growth strategies, planning business initiatives, and executing on the firm’s highest strategic priorities.
- Assess new business / revenue growth opportunities, including conducting market / competitor research, analyzing trends, evaluating go-to-market options, and developing business cases to inform management decisions and investments.
- Research potential acquisition and partnership targets, prepare financial analyses and valuation models, and develop regular updates and approval documents for the First Eagle Management Committee and Board.
- Analyze performance trends of First Eagle’s existing businesses; develop and implement improvement recommendations.
- Analyze industry themes, competitive dynamics, and client- and technology-related trends to provide relevant business insights and actionable recommendations.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or equivalent advanced business degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of related experience, preferably with a top-tier management consulting firm, corporate strategy role at an asset manager, and/or a private equity firm with a specific focus on financial services.
- Possess exceptional quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience evaluating and pursuing merger and acquisition opportunities from concept to transaction execution and integration; strong valuation and modeling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with extensive experience developing PowerPoint presentations for a senior executive audience.
- Resourceful, efficient, and meticulous attention to detail; proven and proactive project management skills.
- Agile, able to handle complex business issues with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and executive presence; demonstrated ability to influence, generate consensus, and achieve tangible business results.
- Demonstrates the highest levels of ethics, values, and integrity, consistent with First Eagle’s guiding principles.
The duties and responsibilities described herein are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.