EssenceMediaCom | Account DirectorApply Now
We are seeking an experienced media and communications professional to oversee integrated media planning, buying and execution for one of the world’s largest food delivery services in Japan. The client leader will be responsible for working collaboratively with local, regional and global colleagues to deliver best in class service and delivery to the clients.
The client leader would have prior experience navigating the Japan media landscape, and the ability to deliver superior value creation with media partners for our client.
You would be fluent in business Japanese and comfortable in English; and are a skilful communicator in the local Japanese context. Ability to win trust from clients, and internal teams is a must; ensuring commitments made to clients are specific, deliverable and ideally exceeded.
Clients, as well as internal local and regional teams will look to you as the media expert and strategic lead of the business. The role will drive the rapid development of excellence and efficiency in our offering across our clients establishing MediaCom as the industry leader for delivering growth to clients.
3 best things about the job:
- Leading a major, internally recognised brand in Japan
- Opportunity to drive business growth and innovation through media
- Key strategic role in MediaCom’s business
Measures of success –
In three months,
- Gained the respect of your team, leadership team and global/ regional stakeholders
- Created relationships with key clients
- Demonstrated deep, insightful understanding of Japan media landscape and strategic ability to make media work for clients
In six months,
- Met revenue and client satisfaction targets
- Ensured that each member of the team is has successfully followed up on their professional growth plan
- Delivered positive change and tangible value to the business
In twelve months,
- Optimized the team structure as required
- Be described as our clients’ lead business partner across key accounts
- Lead a brand with services scope focused on communications planning and media campaign implementation management, by leveraging insights, analytics and your strategy skillset.
- Define the strategic approach on the account to meet the client’s business objectives and strategies and oversees the implementation of the annual planning in conjunction with the client team
- Support management for the profitable and efficient running of each account through the allocation of resources, process and systems across the portfolio.
- Anticipate the client’s needs and set up internal process to meet / exceed them
- Own the end to end client interaction and engagement to ensure the long term success of the relationship
- Lead conversations with global and regional teams and cascade clear understanding of strategic principles, guidelines and deliverables to the team
- Manage team to ensure deliverables are met
- Improve interfaces between planning, buying and digital teams within MediaCom and wider GroupM
- Build capabilities in diversified offerings such as content, digital, analytics, etc.
- Identify, retain and develop talent at all levels in order to effectively deliver to the customer with operational excellence.
- Manage and develop the team individually and collectively
- Maintain high level of motivation throughout team members
Qualifications and Requirements
- 10+ years of senior management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, numerical or analytical degree
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to manage both local and global stakeholders
- Ability to influence and manage senior client stakeholders (media managers, marketing directors and country heads)
- Demonstrable people management experience gained within a matrix management structure and specific capability at developing and sharing knowledge and developing team(s) and resource capabilities
- Bilingual preferred with fluency in English a must.