CapEx Project Excellence Consultant
As a CapEx Project Excellence Consultant, you will work closely with our EPC client’s teams to support the processes and governance for their capital projects and collaborate with EPMA engagement team members to improve and transform client performance. You will be responsible for specific parts of the project and deliverables, will manage quality and risk while maintaining client expectations and escalations.
You will manage capital budget & long-term strategic capital plan, in alignment with future capacity needs, sustainability goals and enterprise risks. You will support the EPMA engagement lead and client business stakeholders for the Capital Project Execution Process including:
- Stages and Deliverables
- Gatekeeper Matrix
- Cost Estimate Quality Bases
- Top quartile execution versus IPA standards (Independent Project Analysis)
- Facilitate the gated process assurance review meetings.
- Input and track performance KPI’s and monthly reporting and action tracking system to continuously monitor value add, and quality of the Capital Process for each phase.
- Work with Manufacturing, Business, and Functional Leaders to build and maintain a rolling 5-year capital plan.
Experience and Professional Qualifications
The ideal candidate is a well-rounded, commercially astute and collaborative leader who is comfortable managing the execution of projects in the chemicals industry. The CapEx Project Excellence Consultant will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in project execution, installation, and commissioning of plants in the specialty chemical industry.
- Experience in all phases of projects from concept through to implementation is preferred. The ideal candidate will have completed a project cycle from start to finish.
- Take ownership: Bringing value to the business with accountability for the Capex part of an assigned capital investment.
- Experience in the building and operation of chemical plants.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and bring together cross-functional groups to successfully manage project execution and build longstanding relationships.
- Proven experience in project and stakeholder management for projects of similar magnitude and complexity.
- Demonstrated experience producing and presenting analysis, valuation, and recommendation materials to senior level management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team and individual settings as well as cross-functionally, manage and motivate teams, and provide oversight of 3rd party vendors.
- Strong desire to support the broader team whenever and wherever needed to ensure responsibilities are shared in a lean organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, organize, prioritize and act on own ideas without significant direction.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective people and project management skills.
- Ability to build culture through leadership and mentorship.
- Highly organized with sharp attention to detail.
- Strategic vision and strong analytical skills.
- Excitement to work with an ambitious fast-moving start-up team.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.