Principal Consultant- Project & Portfolio Management Consulting
This position is for a Principal Consultant within our Project and Portfolio Management Consulting practice. You will be primarily responsible for project delivery along with client relationship management. You will manage project teams and advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters.
Location - Remote-US/ Houston, TX
Role and Responsibilities:
• Serving as a key delivery consultant on project teams.
• Managing project teams by developing work plans and managing project execution timelines and budgets
• Developing verbal and written project communications to client project teams and to senior audiences
• Monitoring and addressing project risk mitigation activities to ensure risks are satisfactorily addressed
• Planning and facilitating critical meetings with the client’s project team(s)
• Ensuring client receives status updates and that identified problems are solved
• Monitoring clients’ expectations and partnering with senior team members to revise project scope when appropriate
• Serving as a mentor to more junior team members and providing upward feedback to more senior team members, when relevant
• Providing thought leadership and delivery excellence by performing the following activities:
• Contributing expertise/insight to the delivery of solutions
• Keeping current on technologies/trends in one’s area of expertise domain
• Contributing to business building activities, including:
• Partnering with subject matter experts and managing partners to develop long-term client relationships during and outside of an engagement leading to repeat/new business opportunities
• Contributing to the (1) development of proposals; (2) scoping and qualifying opportunities and (3) assisting with identifying optimal client solutions
• Participating and actively supporting recruiting efforts to help the business grow
General Consulting Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at a well-regarded management consulting firm in a project delivery capacity.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience working at an EPC firm, or comparable experience as an advisor to an engineering and construction services company
- EPC experience in the chemical industry is preferred”
- Proven experience and participation in business development and Sales
- Prior experience in a problem-solving or analysis capacity
- A consistent track record of working with various leaders across a client’s organization
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
Excellence in written and verbal communications
Specific Technical Experience:
• Prior experience leading client engagements focused on:
• Performance Improvement – Help our clients with improving the effectiveness and design of their operations and project delivery. Areas of focus include portfolio transformation, process re-engineering, change implementation, enterprise cost reduction, operational improvement, and project delivery advisory
• Process & Project Controls – Help our clients evaluate and enhance their internal processes and establish improved project controls
• Technology Risk Assurance - Assist our clients with establishing an effective governance, risk, and control environment by evaluating controls, business and technology alignment, regulatory requirements, risk processes, metrics and reporting, and risk frameworks
• Enterprise Intelligence – Help our clients manage the collection, storage, use and quality of data and enable information intelligence to meet business needs. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Quality and Governance, and Data Management
• Portfolio Management Consulting - Work with clients to deliver PPM consultancy services, including aligning project, product and service investments to the business strategy and reduce costs.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Must be comfortable with analyzing client data and running planning sessions
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Mathematics or another quantitative discipline. MBA or another advanced degree is a plus
• Proven background in MS Office Suite products (specifically and importantly expert knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and in teams
• Ability to reuse institutional intellectual property and research and adapt to client specific circumstances
Soft Skills Required:
• Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives, both internally and externally
• Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
• A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
• Track record in achieving/exceeding personal targets preferred (such as sales, managed revenue and utilization)
HOW YOU'LL GROW AT EPMA
We believe in the investment of our people. Strong client results and company growth is a direct result of our focus on personal growth for every single employee. With regular reviews and measurable development plans, we help you focus on the skills and knowledge you need to succeed. From on-the-job learning to professional development programs, we help you to grow throughout your career and ready you for the opportunities that lie ahead.
BE INSPIRED our 10 core values are at the forefront of everything we do. We take pride in investing in the development of our people, because they are part of the EPMA family and DNA. Call us old fashioned, but we believe in building talent, and we take pride in preparing our future leaders and innovators. You will find a fun, exciting and rewarding career at EPMA.
Since 2010, EPMA has quickly earned credibility as a trusted leader in Project and Portfolio Management Services helping local businesses to Global 50 companies deliver projects with greater efficiency and success. Our ability to attract the most talented people and empower them to make a difference for our clients is part of what makes EPMA one of the Top Companies to work for in Texas, and one of the Best and Brightest companies to work for in the nation. We are also on the Inc. 5000 list as one of the fastest growing, privately held companies in America today.
EPMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassments of Any Kind: EPMA is made up of a very diverse group of individuals representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. At EPMA, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. EPMA is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
***** EMPLOYMENT RECRUITING FRAUD ALERT *****
EPMA is aware of several instances of employment recruiting fraud, and we have reached out to the proper authorities to try to put a stop to these scams.
Please know that any correspondence from EPMA will come ONLY from an @epmainc.com or @jobvite.com email addresses, we do not conduct interviews in chat rooms, we do not use personal, gmail, Hotmail or such email addresses, text messages, we would never solicit money from a potential candidate, and we would not request sensitive personal information like bank account and social security numbers via email or during an interview.
If you feel you’ve been a victim of employment recruiting fraud and are at risk of identity theft, click here for additional steps to report the issue and/ or protect yourself. You can also file a complain with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Please read a press release on Job applicant PII fraud from the FBI.