Dynacare is currently looking to hire a Logistics Coordinator to join our Operations team in Ottawa, Ontario. This is a 6 months contract role working full-time hours from 1pm to 9pm Monday to Friday (schedule subject to change as per business need)
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordination of all functions associated with logistics to work productively in the day-to-day operations of the unit. This involves coordination among Dispatch, Warehouse, Distribution, and Customer Services. This position is required to establish effective working relationships with staff, laboratories, external vendors, 3rd Party Contractors and clients.
Logistics Coordinator role model behaviors to employees including: strong communication, conflict resolution and leadership skills, to build and foster a positive and collaborative work environment, aimed at delivering best in class service to both internal and external customers. Assisting the Operations Manager with other operational tasks as required.
- Responsible for day to day operational management of the assigned courier, ensuring that all supplies are delivered, and specimen pick-up are made on time.
- Shift assignments to employees, including rescheduling shifts and ensuring coverage for late or absent employees, to meet the operational needs of the unit.
- Courier scheduling of vacation and training throughout the year.
- Monitoring the courier routes and ensuring the proper information is disseminated among the departments in case of any change or delays.
- Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, and/or other documents to monitor and
track courier performance and summarize client specific report and invoices.
- Establish documentation procedures for courier performance metrics and issues resolution.
- Perform quality assessments for route completeness and compliance with appropriate regulations and to ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Responsible for monitoring vehicle maintenance and ensuring inspections and repairs are completed on a timely basis.
- Establish a rotation of vehicles so that the annual mileage is spread equally across the fleet.
- Assist in annual vehicle allotment based on fleet worthiness.
- Enter driver hours into the payroll system for Manager approval.
- Act as the lead TDG expert and trainer for the transportation departments.
- Accompanying drivers on ride-along’s to identify opportunities to Managers for service level improvement and route optimization.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of annual training plans for health & safety, defensive driving, TDG, WHMIS and other mandatory training courses for both new and existing couriers.
- Ensuring training files and recurring training is up-to-date for the team and documented.
- Assist in reviewing existing Standard Operating Procedures and provide input on possible process improvements
- Responsible to foster a commitment to quality and customer service within their areas of responsibility.
- Requires regular communication with internal and external clients to resolve controversial situations or any service issues while maintaining an atmosphere of knowledge and trust.
- Work with Managers to maintain team health and safety by reporting hazards and working in compliance with established safe working practices.
- Assist Managers to ensure all workplace accidents are recorded and the necessary protocols are followed, in accordance with Dynacare Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Participates in safety programs and activities such as training, communication, inspection, investigation and general safety promotion.
- Responsible to preserve and safeguard all confidential information that comes to their knowledge in the course of employment with Dynacare.
- Responsible to observe and comply with the policies of the company and applicable legal requirements with respect to confidential information and the protection of privacy.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Operational Manager in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Post-secondary Education
- 3 to 5 years related experience in a transportation industry preferably in healthcare environment.
- Updated certifications and licenses required to practice in the field.
- Proficient in MS office suite, excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- TDG Certification required
- Other technical skills as applicable to the department/function
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel to and between locations on a regular basis
- Preserve and safeguard all confidential employee information during the course of employment with Dynacare
- Effective time management, and the ability to handle multiple priorities and deliver with strict timelines
- Able to clearly articulate and assist in executing the strategic objectives set out by the business
- Strong customer focus with the goal of offering best in class service to internal and external customers
- Ability to lead by example with positive attitude and respectful of others
- Recommend changes to maintain high level of productivity in conjunction with the leadership of your manager
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and the ability to have difficult/uncomfortable conversations
- Continuous improvement mindset of bringing forward recommendations, collecting data and implementing solutions
- Foster open communication between all team members
*Please note that a Criminal background verification & clear driver abstract must be met as a condition of employment*
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.