Director, National Logistics
Director, National Logistics
The Director of National Logistics is a critical leadership role with the mandate to transform and evolve the logistics capability of our national footprint in supporting our goal of becoing a national leader in the laboratory services.
The incumbent will lead the entire national scope of operations for Dynacare in accordance with the organizational goals and objectives, building synergies, methodologies, technologies and business systems and solutions that will enhance business growth and effectively provide support to clinical and business support departments.
This role will foster a culture that values service leadership - build strong relationships and collaborate across the greater organization as well as with external stakeholders to create a great working and operating environment.
- Drive the strategic and operational plans and directions, ensure an undersading of Dyancare’s business plan, and on-going effective positioning and integration of Logistics throughout the orgranization to create and sustain organizational success
- Develop plan and vision for operations excellence within the business plan (including mission, vision, values, streategic positioning, operational and resource planning)
- Ensure business deliverables for all regions for Logistics are aligned, integrated, and cascade throughout the logistics department to achieve performance expectations and exceed operational and financial metrics
- Assess competition, market opportunities, threats and share best practices when relevant
- Lead the development of Logistics as a strategic capability and center of excellence ensuring alignment with the company’s strategic plans and objectives
- Identify and resolve issues impacting operational performance, proactively establish initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure client satisfaction, quality enhancement, pick-up and delivery performance and specimen integrity
- Deliver projects/programs objectives by applying in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, best practices and techniques for managing activities related to implementing logistics projects and programs.
- Customer service orientation in a business that supports 24-7 operations which may require immediate support (on-site or remote)
People / Team Leadership
- Provide leadership in planning and managing Logistics resource requirements to ensure a high level of service and delivery.
- As a leader, role model and coach, foster an environment of positive employee relations, strong teamwork, and employee engagement.
- Create an environment of trust and open communication, by sharing information in a timely manner and encouraging multi-directional feedback.
- Act as a coach to promote career growth opportunities, educational pursuits, and participation in internal development programs.
- Manage people resources for optimal workforce planning, recruitment, performance goal setting, training, scheduling and effective workflow.
- Implement a talent strategy to aligned to talent current and future talent needs through recruitment & selection, employee development, EDI (equity, diversity & inclusion), workforce planning and succession planning.
- Set expectations, counsel, coach and manage employee performance on an on-going basis and in relation to their performance.
- Develop, implement and monitor employee engagement initiatives in partnership with other leaders and HR to increase team performance and retention.
- Recognize team and employee achievement.
- Facilitate effective and collaborative working relationships among staff.
- Manage budgets, operational plans and department expenses.
- Lead the department’s annual performance and salary review process.
- Manage vendors to ensure best value for services or products provided, including sourcing, negotiating, and performance.
- Utilize reports on performance metrics, incident reports, customer satisfaction surveys to take action that increase productivity and service delivery.
• Regional Managers- Operations
Knowledge, Education & Experience
• 15+ years of management experience in customer and employee centric operations-based environments in complex, forward thinking and service-based organizations
• 10 years+ broad people leadership experience across multi-disciplines and multi-sites
• Exceptional emotional intelligence and influencing skills
• Must have a history of meeting and exceeding organizational targets for cost, quality and customer satisfaction
• A process and action-oriented mind-set and will have a track record of demonstrating superior business judgement as well as the fortitude, self-confidence, and people skills to contribute to key business decisions and to provide strong counsel to the Senior Leadership Team
• General knowledge of medical laboratory operations
• Experience in executing the balance of achieving short- and long-term objectives
• College or University degree in Business or any relevant certification
• Proven ability to excel at strategic thinking and planning as well as tactical implementation
• Understand logistics process systems and logistics benchmarking trends
• Good understanding of logistics processes and methodologies to drive and improve the business cycle would be an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to develop and manager multiple enterprise scale projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity, enjoys dealing with complexity and is at his/her best when balancing multiple projects within a dynamic, fast paced, high demand environment
- High level of analytical abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment with solid organizational, multi-tasking capability, and prioritization skills
- Provide on-going leadership to ensure full implementation and follow through of strategic plan
- Capability of conducting saving/cost opportunity analysis and monitor budgets
Social Process Skills
- Proficiency in business strategies, culture, and work systems required to achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with customers, leaders, and team members
- Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel, as well as in creating high performance and engaged teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with great influencing and collaboration skills
- High conflict management and negotiation skills
- Ability to facilitate buy-in from team in his/her own teams as well as other teams across the organization
- Ability to find innovative solutions by interacting with other team / department members and business leads
- Customer service focused
- Travel will be required 40%