Lab Manager and Analyst, Forensics
Dynacare is looking for a Manager, Toxicology (Responsible Technician) to join our Forensic Toxicology team in Edmonton, Alberta.This is a Permanent, Full-time position working Monday to Friday.
- Develop, maintain and foster an environment of positive employee relations, trust, open communication and strong teamwork providing managerial leadership to direct reports through effective staffing, training, performance evaluation, coaching and recognition.
- Oversee the scientific and technical functioning of the department while working collaboratively with disciplinary leads from across the business
- Manage the departmental business planning and goal development process, including executing a one-year business plan.
- Recommend, implement and monitor departmental procedures, policies and standards with a focus on continuous improvement that aligns with function and company objectives.
- Manage compliance, collection, preparation, and analysis of departmental reports and metrics
- Ensure appropriate methodology and equipment is in place and assisting in developing new methods or changes in existing methods.
- Review and interpret QC results, acts to correct any potential violations and recommends corrective action where appropriate.
- In depth knowledge of toxicology focused clinical laboratory operations, processes, key drivers and continuous improvement methodologies at a level that demonstrates professional competency in forensic toxicology.
- Previous work experience in a SAMHSA certified laboratory is mandatory
- Qualifications for an RT designation as outlined by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for SAMHSA certified laboratories
- MA or PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or similar field.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams, fostering a culture of high performance and employee engagement
- Proven track record of driving change in a Forensic Toxicology laboratory with demonstrated lean skills an asset
- A desire to lead the re-shaping of the Forensic Toxicology laboratory so that it is poised for growth
- Value and possess excellent leadership skills and competencies
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accomodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process