Technical Specialist, Research and Development
The Technical Specialist, Research & Development will conduct Research and Development activities to investigate and develop new products and services to expand Dynacare’s service capability and enhance its scientific differentiation. The incumbent will also assist in the implementation of new products and services into the routine production environment.
- Participate in testing of Clinical and Forensic Toxicology samples processed in the Product and Service Development department and report the results of forensic analyses as required
- Apply extensive analytical knowledge and being “the” subject matter expert in method evaluation and development
- Assess, develop and validate methods, operate, maintain, fine-tune and troubleshoot these techniques and associated instrumentation in a clinical setting
- Effectively transfer the learning so that said methods are put into and maintained in operations, and act as a lead resource for planning, training, implementation and troubleshooting post implementation
- Undertake additional administrative activities in support of the operations of the sub-function and of the fulfillment of the business plan
- Identify, develop and assist with the implementation of new and innovative products and services across Canada in accordance with agreed upon business priorities
- Collaborate with private sector partners to mobilize research and development resources and funding which may be appropriate in realizing certain opportunities
- Coordinate project plans and activities and provides functional and technical expertise where needed and provide feedback to the Director on the status of projects and coordinates the flow of project information to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the delivery of optimal Product and Service Development results against appropriate performance metrics (systems, processes, procedures and activities)
- Establish, monitor, measure and report Product and Service Development performance metrics; analyse and identify issues impacting operational performance and establish initiatives for continuous improvement to ensure products and services continuously meet or exceed customer expectation
- Maintain records of projects and assists with relevant documentation
- Performs other duties as required to ensure the smooth functioning of Research and Development department as a whole
- Knowledge of advance analytical techniques and instrumentation such as Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, Molecular Diagnostics, Immunoassay, Flow Cytometry, Cell Culture, etc., depending on the current requirement
- Knowledge and experience in managing complex projects
- Minimum B.Sc. in Science or MLT with advanced training
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in related science preferred
- High information processing capability (IPC)
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring- I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player- I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement- I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.