As we grow and diversify our business, we’re looking for a seasoned Technical Specialist. This position is responsible for conceptualizing, (design and architecture) planning (strategic and tactical level), designing and implementing complete and integrated infrastructure architectures that support the organization’s mission and strategic objectives. The position drives the development of the infrastructure architecture strategy, shapes infrastructure standards, principles, designs and models. If you strive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment, this opportunity may be for you!
The person in the role will ensure that all production systems are working at optimal levels, that the infrastructure components are configured based on industry best practices and that the best cost efficient and effective approaches are being taken when selecting and implementing technology infrastructure at Dynacare. The person in the role will also provide leadership and support to other ITSS portfolios regarding new technologies and system requirements in order to ensure strategic investment in technology infrastructure.
The Senior Technical Specialist will conduct research into industry best practices, keep up to date on infrastructure technology trends, and liaison with vendors and industry experts in order to architect and recommend solutions that are best suited for Dynacare needs while accounting for redundancy, availability, scalability and optimal performance.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in computer science or related field
- Strong familiarity with technology infrastructure design and management approaches and methodologies.
- Expertise in designing server and storage infrastructure technology solutions and creation of business cases and strategic and tactical proposals.
- Promotes collaboration and communication across functions and with external stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in all server (Microsoft) operating systems and related components
- Uses analytic skills and experiences to investigate/resolve support issues escalated for level 3/expert assistance.
- Experience in healthcare/biotechnology industry is an asset
The key detailed responsibilities are as follows:
- Determine hardware and software requirements for Linux/Windows servers with emphasis on growth and scalability. Create standard server build documentation.
- Design and document directory structures, rights and security on Linux/Windows servers.
- Design storage environments (SAN, NAS, DAS, etc) as well as make recommendations for optimal storage solutions to support business initiatives.
- Lead and participate in projects to improve the global enterprise infrastructure at Dynacare working other ITSS staff and end-users.
- Design, implement and support the company’s geographically diverse infrastructure environments used in various applications and roles.
- Provide hands-on design and oversight of technology infrastructure and make recommendations to ITSS leadership on strategies and tactical plans to improve redundancy and scalability.
- Perform technical evaluation of existing infrastructure and hardware for mergers and acquisitions
- Assist the ITSS leadership and the Information Security Officer in the establishment and enforcement of Security Policies and Procedures
- Proactively evaluate patching needs for all technology infrastructure and systems and make recommendations for patching.
- Determine monitoring requirements of infrastructure systems with an emphasis on proactive to system trends and warnings
- Generate new ideas to increase the quality or efficiency of technology infrastructure
- Consult and negotiate with software and hardware vendors on IT purchases
- Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process