Dynacare is looking for a Quality Coordinator to join our Specimen
Processing team in Brampton,ON.This is a full time role.
Reporting to the Specimen Processing Manager, you will provide leadership to the team of “problem solvers” in the department. You will be responsible for correcting and addressing root cause, providing metrics, identifying trends, assessing competency, training /coaching mentoring and project work.
- Recommend changes to maintain high level of quality in conjunction with the leadership of the department manager.
- Creates a positive working environment by listening and soliciting employee feedback.
- Provide input to manager on employee quality and evaluation.
- Utilize quality metrics to make recommendations to reduce re-handling, data entry error rates, patient recall and incorrect/inadequate samples.
- Provides customer and patient centric care while demonstrating Dynacare’s core values of Compassion, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration and Customer Focus
- Coaching employees to create an environment of high quality and continuous improvement.
- Provide input and expertise in CAPA investigations and report to manager on investigation, documentation and implementation of preventative measures for all quality related incidents.
- Ensure department is always audit and inspection ready.
- Coaches team members on quality related errors to meet operational targets.
- Contribute toward Dynacare's learning and knowledge-based culture by sharing in the responsibility of training and skill development of new team members as requested.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams in root cause analysis investigations.
- Facilitates GEMBA, 5S and Root Cause Corrective action activities
- 3 to 5 years related experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Proficient with company related software application including Omnitech, AS400 and Outlook.
- Proficient in MS office, excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- Certified Clinical Laboratory Assistant with a quality background
- Critical thinking, problem solving methodology
- Continuous improvement mindset of bringing forward recommendations, collecting data and implementing solutions
- Fosters open communication between all team members
- Be a quality champion. Report quality KPI and support investigations.
- Works directly with staff in conjunction with department manager, to achieve operational goals.
- Recommend changes to maintain high level of quality in conjunction with the leadership of your manager.
- Leads by example – Positive attitude and respectful of others.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of laboratory best practices
- Excellent command of English
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of the MOH, OLA and OAML legislation and guidelines.
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.