Clinical Laboratory Assistant
Dynacare is looking for a Clinical Laboratory Assistant to join our Cytology team in Ottawa,Ontario.
This is a Permanent, full time position, working Monday to Friday, 6am to 2pm.
The Clinical laboratory assistant will be responsible to accession, data enter and process Gynecological (PAP-Smear) and non-Gynecological specimens in Cytology department.
- Ensures that all samples are properly labeled and identified before testing
- Follows established protocol(s) for the handling of unsuitable samples
- Operates and troubleshoots complex instruments following department procedures
- Performs processing of samples in a timely manner as per departmental guidelines
- Ensures that all abnormal, critical and STATS are processed as outlined in the department guidelines. May be required to follow-up on missing samples
- Ensures all quality control checks and standards are maintained
- Ensures all client inquiries and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of secondary-school level education and a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant training program
- MLPAO/OSMT certification
- Experience providing exceptional, professional customer focused service in a demanding and frequently changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, prioritize and collaborate in a team-oriented, high volume, time-sensitive environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) at an intermediate level
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures and ability to apply that knowledge in troubleshooting issues and providing recommendations for solutions
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of AS400 Data Entry system/LIS
- Knowledge of MERLIN
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring- I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player- I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement- I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.