Lab Assistant Specimen Processing
Dynacare is currently searching for a Laboratory Assistants to join our Specimen Processing team in Ottawa, Ontario. This is a Casual position.
- Data enter all patient and test information for MOH requisitions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verify the completeness of all OHIP documentation and file related paperwork.
- Handle STAT, verbal, critical and special instructions as required.
- Process add-on test requests and subsequent specimen selection.
- Process all specimens including receiving, sorting, labeling, separation, and placing in appropriate area.
- Follow all guidelines for the handling of infectious material.
- Prepare specimens and documentation for reference testing.
- Ensure type of sample is correct for specified test and sent to correct reference laboratory.
- May be responsible for follow-up on missing samples, documentation, results, etc.
- Laboratory Assistant Program or equivalent previous experience.
- Strong specimen processing.
- Excellent data entry skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team centered environment.
Nice to have:
- OSMT Certification
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.