General Duty Technologist (Cytotechnologist)
INTERNAL CLOSING DATE:
August 3, 2021
King Edward, 100-830 King Edward Street- Wpg, Mb
& Brandon Mb (location tbd)
4 Part Time Positions- (ranging from 0.2 to 0.5 FTE)
As per Collective Agreement
Flexible (14 to 35 hours bi weekly)
As a General Duty Technologist, you will be responsible for the performance and release of various laboratory tests following set processes and procedures, all in keeping with Dynacare’s mission and values.
Performs a variety of routine laboratory procedures to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease..
- Process Cytology specimens
- Performs all routine procedures, such as specimen preparation, verify patient demographic, screening of cytology slides, maintenance of cytology equipment, set up of cytology procedures.
- Maintain accurate records for all test and control results.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and calibrations.
- Maintains confidential and accuracy of appropriate documents.
- Required to observe all safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
- Other duties as required
SKILLED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Laboratory Technologist registered in good standing with and CSMLS & CMLTM.
- Knowledge of Quality Control documentation and procedures.
- Knowledge of cytology specimen processing.
Social Processing Skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.