Regional Manager, Health Services
Dynacare is looking for a Regional Manager for their Patient Service locations in Hamilton, Burlington, Niagara Falls and Kitchener.
The Regional Manager, Health Services is accountable for the operation of the Patient Service locations in accordance with Dynacare’s strategic plans. The primary function is building great teams through strong, positive employee relations and creating a work environment that supports the delivery of exemplary customer service and a positive patient experience. Other accountabilities are efficient utilization of resources and fostering a culture of quality and continuous improvement
- Responsible for transforming the patient services locations within a region to a new delivery model designed to ensure an excellent patient experience through consistent, outstanding customer service
- Foster an environment of positive employee relations and strong teamwork while working in compliance with established human resources policies and practices
- Encourage trust and open communication with direct reports, address employee feedback and input and ensure team understanding of corporate and departmental goals and performance
- Engaging the Director, GTA Health Services Operations and Human Resources for guidance and/or direction to ensure a positive client, patient or employee experience
- Build and manage an effective team through strategic hiring, training, performance management, coaching and recognition
- Liaise with clients and ensure their experience is positive by providing professional, timely assistance to enquires, educate clients on processes, investigate concerns and ensure full understanding of client needs
- Analyze and make recommendations to continuously improve workflow processes to assure consistency and quality in the delivery of service to patients, laboratory operations and clients
- Conduct metric reviews of area PSC’s to ensure key indicators of cost, quality, delivery, safety and customer experience are being met or exceeded, and introduce corrective actions where required
- Participate in continuous improvement projects along with regional goals and objectives aligned with corporate strategy
- Develop and administer regional operating budgets, identify potential cost saving and make recommendations for improvement
- Responsible for completing operating reports using metrics and key performance indicators
- Pursue ongoing continuing education to ensure awareness of new industry or regional trends, developments, laws regulations, and technology
- Support the Business Development team with the establishment of new clients
- Oversee maintenance and renovation programs for each location in the region in conjunction with the Manager, Support Services
- Understanding of laboratory operations, processes and key performance indicators
- Understanding of customer service best practices and demonstrated ability applying that knowledge in high volume, time sensitive environment
- Promoting and championing a healthy and safe environment
- Participate in and implement health and safety programs and activities such as training, communication, inspection, investigation and general safety promotion
- Knowledge of all applicable laboratory regulatory requirements
- Post-Secondary education in Healthcare, Science or Business 3+ years of leadership experience in a high paced, customer facing environment is preferred.
- Previous related experience required to perform job: 3-5 Years
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office and applicable software applications).
- Lean Six Sigma and/or Change Management training- required
- Proven attention to detail, excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple items effectively
- Experienced people manager with the ability to develop talent and building high performing
Nice to Have:
- Effective communication skills and work effectively with all levels of management and non-management
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to engage direct/indirect reports to promote a customer centric
- Highly motivated individual with a proven track record of delivering results on multiple priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Knowledge of technical procedures as they apply to laboratory testing, shipment logistics and specimen
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength, so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.