Dynacare is looking to hire a Warehouse Lead to work in the Materials Management Department in Ottawa, ON. This is a Contract role working Full-time hours from 6am to 2pm, Monday to Friday. Contract Duration is 3 months, with very probable extension for another 3 months. The incumbent shall handle scheduling, warehouse set up, training and act as the primary liaison with customers and vendors.
- Receive shipments, ensuring deliveries match packing slips
- Log all receiving into a computerized inventory system
- Stock supplies and assist in maintaining all appropriate documentation
- Load & unload supplies using a forklift truck if required
- Receive and prepare orders for all Dynacare locations, physician’s offices, and internal departments as per established guidelines
- Perform daily delivery runs to various internal departments
- Responsible to receive and log all repair requests for minor laboratory equipment when required
- Report required repairs to appropriate contact, coordinate for repairs and arrange for replacement equipment
- Follow up on repairs to ensure a timely turnaround time to locations and/or departments
- Assist with the physical set up of equipment and furniture as and when required
- Responsible for the packaging and shipping of return products to vendors following established protocols
- Ensure and oversee that all required training is completed and documented according to the department procedure
- Ensure that all flammable and hazardous materials are safely and properly handled and stored
- Assist with keeping up-to-date records on Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all hazardous materials handled in the laboratory
- Responsible for ensuring that any hazardous materials which are transferred to smaller canisters or containers are properly labeled in accordance with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) guidelines
- Ensure that proper safe usage of equipment is employed when equipment is in use
- Responsible for the collection and replacement of bio-hazardous bins from various internal departments if required
- Responsible for exchange of gas cylinder tanks if required
- Ensure the cleanliness of the warehouse and provide support for any routine cleanups as necessary
- Responsible to protect one’s own health and safety by reporting hazards and working in compliance with established safe working practices
- Perform duties in accordance with established company policy and procedure.
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of warehouse management software (e.g. Great Plains, SAP) preferred
- Knowledge of both lab and clinic supplies, proper storage of these supplies and the shipping regulations and policies of these supplies
- Experience in training as up to 10% of time will be spent training others
- High School graduate
- 10+ years of related experience in warehouse
- Good communication and problem-solving skills along with leadership capability
- Good collaborator as will have liaise with various departments
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee:
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.