Dynacare is currently recruiting for a Shipper Receiver within our Materials Management Department in Winnipeg, MB. It is a 1-year contract position that can potentially lead to permanent position.
Role works 40 hours per week and 5 days a week (8-hour shift per day). Shift could start at 7:30, 8 or 10 am. Working week would be Monday to Friday, Tuesday to Saturday, or Wednesday to Sunday.
This position requires an individual to assist in receiving shipments from various suppliers of Dynacare, picking orders off of a requisition picking ticket for internal and external clients, required to work within a computerized inventory environment, delivery of product to internal departments, retrieval of biohazardous materials for disposal, stock maintenance functions, participates in inventory counts, cycle counts, maintenance of appropriate documentation, building departmental kits and relevant functions associated with the Materials Management department.
- Responsible for receiving shipments from various vendors, ensuring deliveries correspond with packing slips and PO’s, investigating any discrepancies found and following through to problem resolution
- Log all orders/receiving into a computerized inventory system and stock supplies and assist in maintaining all appropriate documentation
- Accountable for problem resolution for non-receipts forwarded from Accounts Payable
- Responsible for ensuring shipments are distributed to the correct locations
- Maintenance of clean working environment including daily tidying of stock shelves
- Load and unload supplies from transport trucks using a forklift if required
- Conduct stock rotation
- Responsible for receiving and preparing orders for all Dynacare locations, physician’s offices, and internal departments as per established guidelines
- Perform daily delivery runs to various internal departments
- Assist with the physical set up of equipment and furniture when required
- Responsible for returns to vendors and following established protocols
- Maintain confidentiality and accuracy of appropriate documentation
- Participate in breakout teams to investigate discrepancies and assist in streamlining processes
- Identify discrepancies in stock levels and forward information to the appropriate parties
- Coordinate returns to vendors by obtaining RAN numbers and proof of pick-up
- Participate in departmental inventory counts and investigate discrepancies associated with it
- Responsible for regular cycle counts as instructed by Manager or Inventory Analyst
- Responsible for assembling all kits as required and for restocking the components required for the assembly
- Responsible for the assembly of Tripath Kits daily
- Ensure that all flammable and hazardous materials are safely and properly handled and stored
- Assist with keeping up-to-date records on Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all hazardous materials handled in the laboratory
- Responsible for ensuring that any hazardous materials transferred to smaller canisters are properly labeled in accordance with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) guidelines
- Ensure proper safe usage of equipment is employed when equipment is in use
- Responsible for the collection and replacement of bio-hazardous bins from various internal departments as and when required
- Responsible for exchange of gas cylinder tanks if required
- Ensure the cleanliness of the warehouse and provide support for any routine cleanups as necessary
- Responsible to protect one’s own health and safety by reporting hazards and working in compliance with established safe working practices
- Perform duties in accordance with established company policy and procedure
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Forklift license is preferred
- Secondary school or equivalent education required
- Previous experience in computerized inventory environment (Great Plains software experience is an asset)
- 1 to 2 years related experience in distribution environment
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Problem solving, data entry, deadline pressures and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced picking/packing environment
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and methodical
- Able to work on feet for a long period of time
- Ability to lift 50 to 70 pounds
*Please note that a Criminal background verification must be met as a condition of employment*
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.