Analyst, Route Planning & Transportation
Dynacare is currently recruiting for a Route Planning and Transportation Analyst to work out of our head office in Brampton, ON. This is a Full Time Permanent position.
The Routing Planning and Transportation Analyst is responsible for analyzing Dynacare’s transportation routes and operations with the purpose of identifying significant cost savings opportunities and overall improvements. This role is responsible for delivering routing and route structure using Decartes Route Planner system to achieve route optimization and logistics network improvements. Additionally, the analyst maintains functional and up to date Route Planner system, Transportation metrics, SOPs, and other transportation systems
- Use Descartes Route Planner software (and other required mapping software) as a tool to produce the most cost-effective and efficient routes and route sequence for each individual driver, and for the market overall, by sequencing stops in accordance with customer attributes and efficient mileage.
- Create cost-effective and optimized solutions by analyzing the correct combination of company fleet and analyzing 3rd party stops and runs.
- Present route plans to stakeholders and implement routing strategy on a per case basis.
- Produce accurate and attainable standards for each driver specifying drive time and service time.
- Communicate routing changes to drivers and managers on an ongoing basis.
- On a regular basis, performs ‘what if’ scenarios and offers routing solutions to reduce routes and improve service
- Design logistics network for Dynacare (East, West and Central)
Analyses and Reports
- Support transportation departments across Canada analyze and understand their expenses through a Route Profitability Report, to identify where cost reductions can be implemented and savings made.
- Create the National Monthly Profitability report for Logistics Directors’ review. Analyze the General Ledger for accurate P&L reporting.
- Assist transportation departments to set up attainable driver and departmental goals and ensure regular reviews to maintain efficiencies and compliance.
- Create and present driver performance metrics to identify performance trends, highlighting any under performance to management.
- Audit fleet inventories to efficiently meet business needs by ensuring the correct number of vehicles are available for the required work, and that databases are accurate.
- Assist the National Fleet Manager with any analytical needs.
- Analyze transportation/system processes to identify problem areas and propose solutions.
- Prepare customer density reports and discuss these with Sales teams and other departments to find opportunities to condense routes and reduce drivers’ miles.
- Maintain Routing System to ensure it is up to date and accurate
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Business, Science or Engineering
- A recognized logistics and/or supply chain certification (CITT, P.LOG) will considered an asset
- General knowledge of medical laboratory and health service logistics operations
- Good understanding of logistics process systems and logistics benchmarks
- General knowledge of vehicle fleet and driver technologies and trends
- Industry experience and a demonstrated track record in continuous improvement within an integrated logistics function, including superior technical knowledge fleet, drivers and H&S in transportation
- Strong numerical and statistical skills
- Ability to perform financial and feasibility analysis on vehicle fleet.
- Capability to develop, implement and continuously improve Logistics Department functions
- Full proficiency with MS Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Visio)
- Project Management skills
Some travel may be required (5%)
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.