Field Services Technician
Dynacare is currently searching for two Field Service Technicians to join their Information Systems team in Brampton,and Victoria Park locations, Ontario. These are full-time roles working Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Under the direction and guidance of the immediate superior, the “Field Service Technician” is responsible for:
- Act as part of Service Desk support for both main labs as well as in satellite locations.
- Perform technology equipment installations, relocations, repairs, pro-active maintenance and test tasks as required.
- Plan regular proactive inspection of locations and pro-active support and communications with the location managers and team leaders.
- Diagnose errors and/or technical problems and determine proper solutions for all IT hardware and associated peripherals including scanners, network equipment, and printers.
- Manage service calls, create, escalate and troubleshoot appropriately based on priority and business impact.
- Ensure IT equipment is operating correctly and optimally, and perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, configuration, administration and set up of workstations and
- Document related technology support processes.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner.
- Ensures all inquiries and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains security of appropriate data and systems, as well as confidentiality of information in accordance with Dynacare policies and industry best practices.
- Responsible to protect their own health and safety by working in compliance with established safe working practices. Performs duties in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Maintain business and technical competence through documentation reading, training/education, conferences, etc.
- Build positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports with detail workactvity and timesheets.
- Tie workflow to schedule
- Carry tracking tools/devices/apps to provide real-time analysis of mobile work status
- Community College diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A minimum of three to five (2-5) years’ experience troubleshooting PC hardware, software & network equipment.
- Proven field service experience and excellent customer service
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service diverse IT equipment
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Have a reliable automobile to travel anywhere in Ontario.
- Ability to travel - 70% field work; travelling to different locations in order to perform preventative or reactive support and maintenance
- Ability to lift equipment such as heavy computers, printers, scanners and other peripherals
- Demonstrated technical skills, with the ability to learn new equipment and procedures quickly.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to make sound decisions to ensure SLA’s are met and business operations are not impacted
- Comfortable with working and communicating with management
This position will require the successful candidate to have a valid “Class G” driver’s license, clean driver’s abstract & full automobile insurance
Nice to have:
- A+ and Network+ experience
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare AccommodationPolicy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.